Half link for the new speedmaster professional - Page 4
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

But this is the pin/tube half link correct?

If the pins are the same then the 1610 half link should fit the newest Speedy bracelet, but it won't have the screws of course. It's utterly perplexing that Omega *still* doesn't have half links for the newest Speedy Pro. I've written to Omega twice to ask when they will be available and have never gotten a response.
    GTTIME likes this.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Utterly perplexing indeed!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    If the pins are the same then the 1610 half link should fit the newest Speedy bracelet, but it won't have the screws of course. It's utterly perplexing that Omega *still* doesn't have half links for the newest Speedy Pro. I've written to Omega twice to ask when they will be available and have never gotten a response.
    The 1610 half link wont fit, as the new pins which are secured by screws are much thicker than the pins that are secured with tubes.
    The new Speedmaster bracelet is a complete dud in my book - way too heavy, way too cumbersome and utterly terrible adjustability.

Quote Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
    The 1610 half link wont fit, as the new pins which are secured by screws are much thicker than the pins that are secured with tubes.
    The new Speedmaster bracelet is a complete dud in my book - way too heavy, way too cumbersome and utterly terrible adjustability.

The new Speedmaster bracelet is heavier than the previous and similar looking 1998? Is it a huge difference? How else does it differ?

Quote Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
    So the clasp attaching link OME-118ST162012 should fit the newer screw style clasp. One would just need to find a tube that has the correct inner diameter to fit the pin that comes with the OME-118ST162012 and has the correct outer diameter to fit the newer screw style link. I have a few assorted bracelet parts laying around and a three day weekend to experiment. Am i missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by auspuffturbolader View Post
    So the clasp attaching link OME-118ST162012 should fit the newer screw style clasp. One would just need to find a tube that has the correct inner diameter to fit the pin that comes with the OME-118ST162012 and has the correct outer diameter to fit the newer screw style link. I have a few assorted bracelet parts laying around and a three day weekend to experiment. Am i missing something here?
    So you're all over the map right now, and I hope that my posts dissuade you from doing any permanent damage or wasting money.

The OME-118ST162012 part number you listed is for the 1620/887 bracelet. This is the bracelet that came with the Speedmaster Broad Arrow models. It uses the old pin and friction tube setup (like the 1998 bracelet), where the friction tube is inserted into the middle portion of link, then the middle portion of the link is inserted between two outer portions of another link and the pin is then pushed into and through the friction tube and is secured by said friction. The OME-118ST162012 is still secured by a friction tube and pin to the other end links.

The newer "screw in" tubes are not two piece, they are one piece. There are no friction tubes - they are slipped in and actually float freely between the two holes which are closed by the tiny screws.

There are NO HALF LINKS for the new Speedmaster bracelets, not even mods or stealing links from other Omega bracelets. End of story. That is reason #1 why the new bracelet is so flawed.
    lucretius likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    But this is the pin/tube half link correct?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmann69 View Post
    Recently not available, then it reappeared on Ofrei.com!

Attachment 6409105

Not cheap, but I added it to my speedy pro and finally a perfect fit!
    This is the half link for the older pin/tube Speedy Bracelet, not for the newer bracelet with screws.

There are NO HALF LINKS for the new Speedmaster bracelets, not even mods or stealing links from other Omega bracelets. End of story. That is reason #1 why the new bracelet is so flawed.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disagree but this is flat wrong. It all depends on how much work and money one wants to put into this. Taking a 1610 half link to a machine shop and having the holes tapped to fit the screws from the screw bracelet is one solution. One would also need to sleeve the other side but this can be done. An easier solution is to drill the last link before the clasp attaching link .3mm oversize and using the OME-118ST162012 clasp attaching link to connect to the clasp. The pins on both the pin and tube bracelet and the screw and pin bracelet both measure .95mm. By drilling the last link before the OME-118ST162012 the use of a omega friction tube is allowed. The holes on the inner portion of the tube and pin bracelet links are .3mm bigger in diameter to accommodate the tube.

Name:  IMG_1195.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  899.4 KB
    From top to bottom, new screw style 1958/957, Pin and tube style 1998/849 with OME-118ST162012 attached and 1620/887 broad arrow bracelet. The OME-118ST162012is really like a third link, but the extension is there.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information