Half link for the new speedmaster professional - Page 6
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81
  1. #51
    Member GTTIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,660

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Quote Originally Posted by altm View Post
    Rather than mucking about with drilling links, what about the idea of drilling two holes through the sidewalls of the clasp in order to provide more adjustability for the spring bar? This is certain to be a far less technically challenging job.
    See the black arrow on the included image which i have shamelessly copied from 1clubman's post.

    Attachment 6454249
    There is no room to move the end link further inside the clasp. You have the spring bar for the clasp spring cover. The clasp is also machined for the end link.


  2. #52
    Member RedHerringHack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Chattanooga TN USA
    Posts
    553

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    This is a little off topic, but will the new stock bracelet fit a 8.5inch wrist? I have seen numbers all over the map, I can't try one on, but I just ordered a 311.30.42.30.01.006 which is the 2015 version with the screws in the band and I am really hoping it will fit my gorilla like wrists without having to buy more links.

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    RTP Area, NC USA
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    I'm convinced it's just good old arrogance and a willingness to ignore your customers repeated requests for a solution. Yeah, you're not going to make millions by engineering a half link, or a clasp upgrade, but it would get people to come into the boutiques.
    Um, I was trying to be polite in saying pretty much this.

    I like Swiss watches but the obnoxiousness I see in these Swiss watch companies is, ahem, impressive.

    It won't the smart watches that do them in, it'll be arrogant treatment of customers.
    Last edited by tmathes; December 28th, 2015 at 02:18.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #54
    Member GTTIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,660

    Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Quote Originally Posted by RedHerringHack View Post
    This is a little off topic, but will the new stock bracelet fit a 8.5inch wrist? I have seen numbers all over the map, I can't try one on, but I just ordered a 311.30.42.30.01.006 which is the 2015 version with the screws in the band and I am really hoping it will fit my gorilla like wrists without having to buy more links.
    No it definitely will not. I would guess you will need two additional links at least.
    Last edited by GTTIME; December 28th, 2015 at 02:30.
    RedHerringHack likes this.


  6. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    254

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    But the fact that .... we even have to have this conversation is insane.
    Too right GregoryD. Frankly, it's outrageous.

  7. #56
    Member RedHerringHack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Chattanooga TN USA
    Posts
    553

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Yes, I must agree. It is going to cost me a fortune to get a bracelet to fit. I might as well buy a second bracelet at $800ish than 4 links at $125 each. This has put a serious kink in my plans. I cancelled my order and am rethinking the whole situation.

  8. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Quote Originally Posted by RedHerringHack View Post
    Yes, I must agree. It is going to cost me a fortune to get a bracelet to fit. I might as well buy a second bracelet at $800ish than 4 links at $125 each. This has put a serious kink in my plans. I cancelled my order and am rethinking the whole situation.
    Yeah, the new bracelet only comes with enough links to fit about an 8" wrist. The old 1998 bracelet came with enough links to fit about a 8.25" wrist, and the links were much cheaper ~$45 each directly from Omega, less if purchased used.

    Your best bet might be to purchase a 3570 with the older bracelet and add links.
    GTTIME likes this.

  9. #58
    Member GTTIME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,660

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Quote Originally Posted by RedHerringHack View Post
    Yes, I must agree. It is going to cost me a fortune to get a bracelet to fit. I might as well buy a second bracelet at $800ish than 4 links at $125 each. This has put a serious kink in my plans. I cancelled my order and am rethinking the whole situation.
    If you buy from an AD you should be able to get two links free from omega with purchase. Try Toppers to see what the price is. I bet their price on links is much cheaper too. $125 for stainless is way high.


  10. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    93

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Sigh. I just bought a Speedmaster and I'm definitely a member of "this bracelet sucks" club. Like others, it's either strangling my wrist, or sliding 2 inches up and down. Maybe in the summer it will be a passable fit when my wrist expands, but for now I had to put it on leather.

    C'mon Omega, this is ridiculous! Make a half link or a clasp with usable micro adjustments already. This is such basic stuff. I certainly am being dissuaded from considering any other Omegas.
    GTTIME and GregoryD like this.
    Hello.

  11. #60
    Member GregoryD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,502

    Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

    Quote Originally Posted by jbreuckm View Post
    Sigh. I just bought a Speedmaster and I'm definitely a member of "this bracelet sucks" club. Like others, it's either strangling my wrist, or sliding 2 inches up and down. Maybe in the summer it will be a passable fit when my wrist expands, but for now I had to put it on leather.

    C'mon Omega, this is ridiculous! Make a half link or a clasp with usable micro adjustments already. This is such basic stuff. I certainly am being dissuaded from considering any other Omegas.
    Sorry to hear this. Lack of half links and micro adjustments is definitely deterring me from a Speedy Pro purchase. I find it beyond pathetic that Omega cannot or refuses to offer something so basic. I've contacted Omega twice to ask when half links will be available, and never gotten a response.
    Cheers,
    Greg



Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. New Speedmaster Date - the half link question
      By RomeoTango in forum Omega
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: September 24th, 2018, 19:06
    2. WTB a half link for Speedmaster Professional
      By stradivari in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 10th, 2014, 01:07
    3. FS: Omega Speedmaster professional - Half Link - $25 shipped.
      By emale in forum Watches - Straps & Bracelets
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: February 26th, 2013, 15:45
    4. Replies: 2
      Last Post: June 17th, 2010, 04:09
    5. Speedmaster Date Bracelet - half link?
      By chains007 in forum Omega
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: June 9th, 2010, 08:31

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •