Half link for the new speedmaster professional - Page 7
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Emailed Omega support a week ago to see if they had any plans to offer a half link in the future and didn't get a real answer. All they were able to tell me was that no half link is available at this time. Good thing it looks great on a Nato, because I'm one of the unlucky few that is in between links; its either way too big or way too tight. Shameful that Omega aren't providing a half link or a clasp with more micro adjustment. Has anyone out there come up with a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by tniehoff View Post
    Emailed Omega support a week ago to see if they had any plans to offer a half link in the future and didn't get a real answer. All they were able to tell me was that no half link is available at this time. Good thing it looks great on a Nato, because I'm one of the unlucky few that is in between links; its either way too big or way too tight. Shameful that Omega aren't providing a half link or a clasp with more micro adjustment. Has anyone out there come up with a solution?
    See the link below. Looks like all it takes to get the push-button adjustment clasp to fit is replacing the connector links. Seriously considering a Speedy myself in light of this.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=1814434
    That_Turtle likes this.
    Instagram: @watchonmywrist

Is there a solution yet? I'd like to get my 1998 bracelet speedy on steel already... kind of treating it like a beater on nato.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is definitly solved with the micro-adjustment clasp from the Mark II or SM300Mc. Have mine on my Speedy bracelet for the 2254.50 for some weeks now and am a happy bunny since. For the new screw type bracelet you only need the clasp and the end links:

117STZ001154 (clasp) 1x

118ST1589 - 2x

They should deliver it with every new Speedy or SM....

GTTIME likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJoda View Post
    This is definitly solved with the micro-adjustment clasp from the Mark II or SM300Mc. Have mine on my Speedy bracelet for the 2254.50 for some weeks now and am a happy bunny since. For the new screw type bracelet you only need the clasp and the end links:

117STZ001154 (clasp) 1x

118ST1589 - 2x

They should deliver it with every new Speedy or SM....

I personally don't see it as a solution as aestethically it's totally different. Length, thickness, inscription, size of attachment links, finish of links. It's just not the same and I don't think it's worth the extra few hundred dollars / pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    I personally don't see it as a solution as aestethically it's totally different. Length, thickness, inscription, size of attachment links, finish of links. It's just not the same and I don't think it's worth the extra few hundred dollars / pounds.
    I think it's a solution, but agree that it doesn't look great on the Speedy, since it's bulkier and lacks the Speedy clasp inscription. Hopefully Omega will make the micro clasp standard in the future and more tailored to each model.
    Cheers,
    Greg

It might not be the perfect solution but the advantage of the micro-adjustment clasp overweighted the minor cosmetic problems by far for me. The clasp is thicker because of the mechanism inside but comparable to something like the GlideLock system.
    The finish and quality of the clasp is very good and it matches nicely with the Speedy bracelet. The neutral "Omega" inscription made it possible that I can use use it on my Seamaster with Speedy bracelet too...
    Last edited by AlexJoda; August 18th, 2016 at 23:36.

I'll agree with whatis said here I like the new clasp and have it on my 9300 speedmaster which is even heavier than the regular speedmaster professional.

It's a big heavy clasp.

I would definitely prefer the half link.

The micro adjust clasp just doesn't match the oem bracelet in both finish style:size/inscription etc) which give the watch a "parts bin" approach (typically seen on lower end watches who share the same clasp across an entire line). Glidelock looks and fees as if it was designed with the overall watch and bracelet in mind. Not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I recently sold my Speedmaster Pro because of the lack of a half link; the watch was either to large or small. I used to have one of the pre-screw link bracelets and preferred the fitting, but also felt the clasp was less rattly.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information