Half link for the new speedmaster professional
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Hello everyone, today my new speedy “Model# 311.30.42.30.01.005” has arrived & I can’t tell you how much I love the watch it is a real beauty J

However, the bracelet did not come with half links and I’m looking for a perfect fit. I would like to know if I can order half link through my AD “which I previously did with my PO watch” I don’t know if half links is an option for this bracelet since this bracelet is the updated version that comes with screws rather than pins.

Your help is much appreciated,
    Last edited by M.N.A; June 15th, 2015 at 22:20.

Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Quote Originally Posted by M.N.A View Post
    Hello everyone, today my new speedy “Model# 311.30.42.30.01.005” has arrived & I can’t tell you how much I love the watch it is a real beauty J

However, the bracelet did not come with half links and I’m looking for a perfect fit. I would like to know if I can order half link through my AD “which I previously did with my PO watch” I don’t know if half links is an option for this bracelet since this bracelet is the updated version that comes with screws rather than pins.

Your help is much appreciated,
    I've been searching for the same half-link. Omega doesn't make one for the 1957/958 bracelet. The only 'fine' adjustment is in the clasp (moving the spring bar down or up a notch)

My $75 Casio Speedy homage has a lot more adjustability and comfort in it's bracelet design than my real Speedy. Same goes for my super-el cheapo Timex. I love my 2 Omegas (a Speedy Pro and 8500 AT Skyfall) but the lack of fine adjustments in the bracelets is disgraceful considering the price point.

I find the spring bar adjustment in the clasp to be quite sufficient. On the 9300 I wear it shorter (in) and the Pro longer (out).
    edhchoe and avt80 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The reason the watch didn't come with a half link is because it has a pair of adjustment holes in the clasp, right? The interval seems to be about the size of a half link.
    avt80 likes this.

I use the adjustment in the clasp and it worked for me. I'd say as mentioned above, it's the equivalent of a half-link.
    avt80 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    I find the spring bar adjustment in the clasp to be quite sufficient. On the 9300 I wear it shorter (in) and the Pro longer (out).
    Quote Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
    The reason the watch didn't come with a half link is because it has a pair of adjustment holes in the clasp, right? The interval seems to be about the size of a half link.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazman01 View Post
    I use the adjustment in the clasp and it worked for me. I'd say as mentioned above, it's the equivalent of a half-link.
    I believe the clasp adjustment is less than a half-link, because I'm having the same problem with the Speedy Pro Apollo 11 that I just bought recently. The AD spent more than 20 minutes trying all kinds of settings for me and we couldn't come up with the perfect length that I need. If we add a link and use the second hole on the clasp, it's too loose. If we take off a link and use the first hole, then it's a bit tight. I ended up keeping the latter setting, it should be acceptable in cooler weather, but in warm temperature I'm sure it will be too tight. So far I find this is the only area where Omega should do better, having 2 holes for adjustment is just not enough. I believe if there were a third hole, our problems would have been solved.
    helderberg likes this.

Is there some difference with older 1998/840 bracelet, if not then:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/hal...et-124672.html
    valel46 likes this.
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.39.21.03.001 "Skyfall" - Rolex GMT master II BLNR
    Omega Speedmaster apollo XV 3366.51.00 - Omega Speedmaster Professional 3594.50 1957 Reissue
    Seiko "Spork" SPR043K1, Certina Bristol 230, Certina Bristol 290
    Tissot Stylist 18K,Fortis Marinemaster, 50´s, and few vintage Omegas

Thanks everyone, I guess there is no half links at least not yet for this bracelet version

Quote Originally Posted by valel46 View Post
    I believe the clasp adjustment is less than a half-link, because I'm having the same problem with the Speedy Pro Apollo 11 that I just bought recently. The AD spent more than 20 minutes trying all kinds of settings for me and we couldn't come up with the perfect length that I need. If we add a link and use the second hole on the clasp, it's too loose. If we take off a link and use the first hole, then it's a bit tight. I ended up keeping the latter setting, it should be acceptable in cooler weather, but in warm temperature I'm sure it will be too tight. So far I find this is the only area where Omega should do better, having 2 holes for adjustment is just not enough. I believe if there were a third hole, our problems would have been solved.
    Exactly my issue to a T. Every cheaper watch I own has at least 3 holes for adjustment, it's shameful that such a pricey watch has a such poor adjustment ability. Same goes for the Aqua Terra I have.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMachine View Post
    Is there some difference with older 1998/840 bracelet, if not then:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/hal...et-124672.html
    Different bracelets. The latest design uses samall screws that keeps the pin in place, the half link in your post is for the older design with friction pins (and there might be a minor difference in thickness too).

Ofrei's web page says outright there is no half-link made by Omega for the 1957/958 bracelet but they do sell the full link.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information