Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Has your co-axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Seamaster Planet Ocean

10 55.56%
  • Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph

2 11.11%
  • Speedmaster Co-Axial

1 5.56%
  • Aqua Terra

2 11.11%
  • Hour Vision

0 0%
  • Seamaster GMT

0 0%
  • Seamaster 300 M

2 11.11%
  • Railmaster Chronometer

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

PO Chrono purchased in Jan. 2008 kept perfect time for 6 month, then stopped dead. After return from Bienne (and a loooooong wait there) it has run perfectly again.

Also, forgot to enter in the poll, Seamaster GMT ran for 4 months and likewise stopped dead. Authorized service center in Ill told me the pallet fork failed and repaired it. It ran for two more months and I sold it.

PO Chronograph purchased in November of 2007. Watch would stop spontaneously at random times during the day and night, in spite of being fully wound (or close to it.) Has been sent back twice.

It now runs like a metronome, losing barely 3 seconds--A MONTH!

Quote Originally Posted by AAP View Post
    I hate polls as much as the next guy, but we've recently seen several posts regarding Seamasters equipped with the co-axial escapement stopping for short or long periods, despite having sufficient power reserve. In an effort to control rumors about how prevalent the issue really is, I'm hoping that we can quantify who has experienced this issue and in which model range it occurred. I'm sure that this issue is only affecting a small group of watches and this poll will likely go some way to proving it.

EDIT: For those who are voting, I'd appreciate it if you'd also post a comment to give some context around your vote.
    Great idea to stem rumours getting 'out of control'.

Its often said that if don't have a problem with something then you likely won't hear about it, people are more vocal about the negatives. So I have one suggestion: maybe we could add in an you option like "I have a co-axial and have had no problems so far", or even go so far as to add in a "no problem" option for each model you list?

I think by placing the tally for the non-lemon Omegas directly against the lemon Omegas then that would clearly establish that, generally speaking, there really isn't a problem with the movement.

You're question is afterall "Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?" and I'm a happy owner just itching to say NO!
    Last edited by Dent99; July 31st, 2009 at 00:48.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

AAP

I give up.
    Alex

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd (Harvey - 1950)

I'm not sure the previous poster read your rationale for not including the people whose POs have worked just fine. Actually, I agree with your rationale...but, whatever...

I give up.
    --AC

Delete!
    Last edited by S5blitzer; July 31st, 2009 at 02:37.

I give up.
    Why?

Identifying any correlation of problems in a group of watches on here will still only represent a tiny section of those produced and as such is hardly 'proof' of a problem.

You say you want to 'control rumours' yet dispair at the thought of including a "no problem" option that would actually quash said rumours.

Its not like the results for defective units would be affected in any way by showing results of non-defective units. It would be nice to see both sides of the coin in one thread. Doing so would be more helpful at showing (as some sort of percentage) how prevalent defective units really are amongst ALL owners of a specific watch.
    At present what does this poll tell us? 8 POs are defective out of the thousands upon thousands ever made? Hmm, very helpful stuff. That info wouldn't disuade me from buying one, or even make me think twice. Now if only 8 people had voted they had non-defective units, I'd compare those figures and that might give me pause for thought. Without the flipside this thread is pretty pointless IMO.

If you can't see that the question you pose allows for answers such as 'no' then I give up.
    Last edited by Dent99; July 31st, 2009 at 02:52.

Dent, I hear what you're saying, believe me. But, did you read AAP's response to FFP in this thread ( and M4tt's response)? I'm sure Alex can speak for himself, but I'm pretty sure he's getting tired of posting re: this issue.

If there's a "NO" option, i would tend to agree that the failure rate will probably be fairly high. If that were the case, then the results could be read in a way that undermines how the poll was conducted in the first place, the kind of accurate poll you're looking for.

Defective New Omega's on the rise?

Quote Originally Posted by Dent99 View Post
    Why?

Identifying any correlation of problems in a group of watches on here will still only represent a tiny section of those produced and as such is hardly 'proof' of a problem.

You say you want to 'control rumours' yet dispair at the thought of including a "no problem" option that would actually quash said rumours.

Its not like the results for defective units would be affected in any way by showing results of non-defective units. It would be nice to see both sides of the coin in one thread. Doing so would be more helpful at showing (as some sort of percentage) how prevalent defective units really are amongst ALL owners of a specific watch.
    At present what does this poll tell us? 8 POs are defective out of the thousands upon thousands ever made? Hmm, very helpful stuff. That info wouldn't disuade me from buying one, or even make me think twice. Now if only 8 people had voted they had non-defective units, I'd compare those figures and that might give me pause for thought. Without the flipside this thread is pretty pointless IMO.

If you can't see that the question you pose allows for answers such as 'no' then I give up.
    Last edited by acdelco; July 31st, 2009 at 03:32.
    --AC

Quote Originally Posted by acdelco View Post
    Dent, I hear what you're saying, believe me. But, did you read AAP's response to FFP in this thread ( and M4tt's response)? I'm sure Alex can speak for himself, but I'm pretty sure he's getting tired of posting re: this issue.

I had not read it because its just a lot of backwards and forwards where people speculate on a question only an Omega Service centre could really answer. Consequently I gave up on page one!

If there's a "NO" option, i would tend to agree that the failure rate will probably be fairly high. If that were the case, then the results could be read in a way that undermines how the poll was conducted in the first place, the kind of accurate poll you're looking for.
    If more people are keen to piss and moan about problems than those who can't be bothered to state they have had no problems (and fair enough when these things cost so much) any one-sided vehemence/criticism can equally undermine the results and the concensus on if there really is a problem.

Without the 'no problem' option though I see this poll as little more than a condensed or fenced-in version of all the random "I have a problem" threads that keep popping up. What new information do we reall gain if we cannot draw a comparison between the non-defective and defective when there is some perception that the latter is on the rise?

I'm really starting to feel sorry for Alex. On the one hand he has people like me, trying to convince him to allow a no vote because I think it will produce something like a thirty percent failure rate and thus show just how silly a self selecting online poll is.

On the other hand he has other people trying to convince him to do it because they feel that it will give a fair and accurate poll.

The fact remains:

No poll of this sort with a self selecting sample will ever be valid.

Frankly, those who don't understand why should have listened in class.
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. Seneca

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information