Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Has your co-axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Seamaster Planet Ocean

10 55.56%
  • Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph

2 11.11%
  • Speedmaster Co-Axial

1 5.56%
  • Aqua Terra

2 11.11%
  • Hour Vision

0 0%
  • Seamaster GMT

0 0%
  • Seamaster 300 M

2 11.11%
  • Railmaster Chronometer

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

I'd love to know what actually causes these watches to stop dead and refuse to restart.

Alex's original idea is a good one IMO as he hoped to possibly find the batch/numbers/models of Co-Axials that have been reported with that problem in a similar way to those who can remember back when the original black dial Omega GMT's had a fault but the white versions were OK which was pretty much nailed by an Omega forum at the time.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website
    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Pachoe View Post
    Hi; I´ve always hated people trying to spread the rumor coax equipped Omegas had issues.... until today; My beloved XL PO purchased dec - 2007 suddenly stopped.... I tried to wind it up manually but noticed it was full....... on the aftenoon went to the dealer and left it there; I hope it doesn´t take too long to fix it!!!!!!!!!
    I am wondering how long it will take Omega to fix my watch, been away 2 weeks now, I am thinking it will be gone a total of 2 months or more Poor warranty service in my opinion.

AAP

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaholic View Post
    I am wondering how long it will take Omega to fix my watch, been away 2 weeks now, I am thinking it will be gone a total of 2 months or more Poor warranty service in my opinion.
    Patience must be your mantra here if you want to keep your sanity intact. It seems that all of the watch houses take weeks to turn around service requests, not just Omega (i.e., the several reports I've heard about Rolex service average in the 4-5 week range, and that is still excellent). Mine has been gone for a month already, and the part hasn't even arrived yet. Patience. This too shall pass.
    Alex

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd (Harvey - 1950)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by AAP View Post
    Patience must be your mantra here if you want to keep your sanity intact. It seems that all of the watch houses take weeks to turn around service requests, not just Omega (i.e., the several reports I've heard about Rolex service average in the 4-5 week range, and that is still excellent). Mine has been gone for a month already, and the part hasn't even arrived yet. Patience. This too shall pass.
    AAP, are you thinking they could possibly have your watch longer than 2 months? Also I was doing some thinking.... If Omega has my watch for a couple months or more, shouldn't they extend my warranty for a couple months? I am sure it doesn't work like that but it seems like I am getting ripped out of a couple months of warranty that I may need.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaholic View Post
    AAP, are you thinking they could possibly have your watch longer than 2 months? Also I was doing some thinking.... If Omega has my watch for a couple months or more, shouldn't they extend my warranty for a couple months? I am sure it doesn't work like that but it seems like I am getting ripped out of a couple months of warranty that I may need.

That is something that the makers of not only watches but all good should do for periods over 60 days-Omega, Sony... included.

Quote Originally Posted by AAP View Post
    I don't want this to be a thread for discussion, just reports, but since this has come up so many times, I'll make this statement here once: there is no way that we could come up with any statistically valid failure rate from a poll on this forum. We just don't have the appropriate sample size. As such, I have not included a "no" option to specifically prevent anyone from thinking that a comparison of these two numbers was a fair representation of the population at large.
    Well, FWIW: I have two coaxials: a PO from 2006 and an AT from 2003 and both have been absolutely flawless. None has ever stopped prematurely, nor have I had any difficulty restarting them.
    Last edited by Francois Boucher; August 3rd, 2009 at 05:28.
    François – Quebec City, QC

Ok, so I asked originally about a no option but in reading through I now see why this isn't offered...

Still though possibly in the selection options it should be mentioned to only pick a model if and only if you had issues with a new watch, purchased from a dealer, not one sourced from the grey market (as who knows what happened) nor if it was working well and then it was serviced and now had an issue....

I have had my AT for a year now, no unexpected stops, and it starts right up when I wind it.

Also for something posted a week ago seems like a pretty low turnout?
    Last edited by Mathew J; August 3rd, 2009 at 05:58.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    My AT 2802.33.37 2500 Co-Ax was a daily wearer for 5 years and ran perfectly. It was still running great when I sent it for a service, mainly just for a polish and new strap. But a few months later it started to stop after only about 10 - 30 secs even on full wind.

Returned to Omega for repair and now it's running perfectly again.
    Does this count though? I mean who is to say that is wasn't the oops of the tech or what not...

The poll should be clearer, are you looking for any failure? are you trying to only find quality control from the manufacturer/new failures?

Heck I have heard countless stories of other brands going into service fine only to come back with multiple problems.

I had been following this post regarding the Co-Axial issues with interest as I am planning on picking up the Aqua Terra 2503.50 in the near future.

IMHO, I believe that this will probably deter some buyers off from picking up the newer Omegas and I do agree with Matt that the title may misled some to think that the coaxial is a bad product. In fact, this post had made me a little worried about picking up the Aqua Terra and this is coming from someone who currently owns 6 Omegas (all non co-axial) without any issues!

I will still probably pick up the Aqua Terra but will only do so from the AD to get warrenty cover for it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information