Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Has your co-axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Seamaster Planet Ocean

10 55.56%
  • Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph

2 11.11%
  • Speedmaster Co-Axial

1 5.56%
  • Aqua Terra

2 11.11%
  • Hour Vision

0 0%
  • Seamaster GMT

0 0%
  • Seamaster 300 M

2 11.11%
  • Railmaster Chronometer

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Has your Co-Axial equipped Omega stopped unexpectedly?

Quote Originally Posted by josephc78 View Post
    I had been following this post regarding the Co-Axial issues with interest as I am planning on picking up the Aqua Terra 2503.50 in the near future.

IMHO, I believe that this will probably deter some buyers off from picking up the newer Omegas and I do agree with Matt that the title may misled some to think that the coaxial is a bad product. In fact, this post had made me a little worried about picking up the Aqua Terra and this is coming from someone who currently owns 6 Omegas (all non co-axial) without any issues!

I will still probably pick up the Aqua Terra but will only do so from the AD to get warrenty cover for it.
    I have the white/blue of that watch...so far so good (over a year), starts right up, keeps time better than my Rolex, and is super comfortable...only thing that sucks is the clasp, had it open on me today when I was trying to carry too many groceries at the store and I bumped the button, but other than that it is great.

I'd like to see a similar poll in the Rolex forum . . . I'm betting that some new Rolexes stop working, too!

And new Patek Philippes, for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew J View Post
    Ok, so I asked originally about a no option but in reading through I now see why this isn't offered...

Still though possibly in the selection options it should be mentioned to only pick a model if and only if you had issues with a new watch, purchased from a dealer, not one sourced from the grey market (as who knows what happened) nor if it was working well and then it was serviced and now had an issue....

I have had my AT for a year now, no unexpected stops, and it starts right up when I wind it.

Also for something posted a week ago seems like a pretty low turnout?

Actually, Alex asked this question over on the Rolex forum a little while ago and very few people reported problems.
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. Seneca

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chev James View Post
    I'd like to see a similar poll in the Rolex forum . . . I'm betting that some new Rolexes stop working, too!

And new Patek Philippes, for that matter!
    Don't know about stopping, but I am sure you will hear about quality control issues, or poor timekeeping....then again maybe not as the Rolex folks are pretty good at shouting down anyone that has a bad experience with the brand :) not to mention the Omega forum here gets alot more traffic it seems than the Rolex board.

As a would-be owner of the planet ocean, I would like to ask members who posted here, to also write what kind of use they put their watch to.
    (i.e. daily worn, once a week, go boxing with it, keep it in the drawr, and so on).

Actually Mathew, as you posted on that thread, you will know that, apart from yourself, there were virtually no complaints whatsoever. I don't know about any shouting down. As I remember, you and the Doxa forum Mod argued and then we argued and then you, as you put it 'got bored' and didn't reply.

Personally I guess you would have to, if anything, call me an Omega fan. However, It feels to me as if you have an unfair attitude to Rolex and one which is simply not supportible from the facts available.

In this case:

I am sure you will hear about quality control issues, or poor timekeeping....then again maybe not as the Rolex folks are pretty good at shouting down anyone that has a bad experience with the brand
    What you have done, is made an indifeasible statement: If it is right it is right, however if it is wrong it is still right This is called sophistry and is generally regarded as bad form.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Actually Mathew, as you posted on that thread, you will know that, apart from yourself, there were virtually no complaints whatsoever. I don't know about any shouting down. As I remember, you and the Doxa forum Mod argued and then we argued and then you, as you put it 'got bored' and didn't reply.

Personally I guess you would have to, if anything, call me an Omega fan. However, It feels to me as if you have an unfair attitude to Rolex and one which is simply not supportible from the facts available.

In this case:

What you have done, is made an indifeasible statement: If it is right it is right, however if it is wrong it is still right This is called sophistry and is generally regarded as bad form.
    Hi Matt,

I am not talking about this Rolex forum but rather Rolex fora on the whole and from years of experience

And I love bad form.

As for unfair attitude, well I guess it could be percieved as such, but again my attitude of the brand is based on my limited personal experience with their product, their after sales service (Namely Rolex NY), and again years of interfacing with other "enthusiasts", the treatment I recieved when I was enthusiastic about the brand and then that which I got when my taste began to sour....

One thing I will say, Rolex fans are very emotional about "their choice", for better or worse, and much more so than any other brands enthusiasts I have encountered.

And to be fair, I still own one which I like to a degree, enough not to sell it, but I won't be spending any serious time on a Rolex forum ever again, nor will I seriously consider buying another without a really good return policy and inspecting it under a loupe.
    Last edited by Mathew J; August 3rd, 2009 at 19:55.

I am not talking about this Rolex forum but rather Rolex fora on the whole
    not to mention the Omega forum here gets a lot more traffic it seems than the Rolex board.

That's odd, you certainly appear, from the quote above, to be talking about this Rolex board.

I think perhaps I should unpack what I mean by bad form:

It was a polite way of saying that by using sophistic tactics one may feel that one is winning an argument, but all one is doing is deceiving oneself. The moment anyone chooses to argue about anything then they are implicitly committing themselves to a rational process with very very clear (if often poorly understood) rules. If one should choose to break those rules they are no longer involved in rational discourse. This is a choice.

I'm really sorry that you have had a bad experience with both Rolex and Internet fora. Personally I had a Tag Heur once which broke continuously - when I took it to a dealer they were rather rude. I'm pretty sure this is the first ever time I have mentioned it.

My experience is that focussing on bad stuff only makes people bitter. There is a lot of world out there to play with. I find that moving away from the bad stuff and towards the good stuff is a great strategy. Don't moan about it, just leave it behind and go and make new mistakes. Maybe there is a cause here that matters, but I cannot really see what it is. So why not let it go?

Sorry if this is a bit beyond the usual run of response but it felt like it was worth saying as you seem like a decent guy.

I have a Seamaster Planet Ocean Co-axial that began by stopping and with a light tap or a shake it would start back up. The problem then began to get worse and now a firm tap just above the crown causes it to run for about a second before shutting off. I can also pull the crown out all the way and move the hands. Once I push the crown back in 1 click it will run for a second or 2 then shut off again. Once running it will run for 2-4 weeks then shut off again.

nice to see that there is no 8500 calibre in this poll.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information