Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool???? - Page 3
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    88

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    Nice! Wearing my Gen 1 with same strap right now.

  2. #22
    Member gaijin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    7,401

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    Just a quick update and some iPhone snaps... Mine is now back from service and looking good... it got a new movement/module (in addition to a new crown and one pusher plus the other testing/shoring up they do), but I don't know if it's the thermocompensated one! Not a big deal, just curious. Comforting to know now this will run solid for years to come.

    Cheers,
    HBL
    I don't know if it will be the same for your watch, but before I sent my Gen2 in for service the backlight was definitely blue. When it came back with a confirmed Cal. 1666D thermocompensated replacement movement, the backlight is now green.

    So, if your backlight used to be blue, but is now green, you probably have the TC movement.

    HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

  3. #23
    Member hidden by leaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free
    Posts
    8,447

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly's View Post
    Nice! Wearing my Gen 1 with same strap right now.
    I saw your post on that, glad it worked out for you!

    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I don't know if it will be the same for your watch, but before I sent my Gen2 in for service the backlight was definitely blue. When it came back with a confirmed Cal. 1666D thermocompensated replacement movement, the backlight is now green.

    So, if your backlight used to be blue, but is now green, you probably have the TC movement.

    HTH
    Thanks very much, hadn't heard that one before. Here's a before/after comparison on mine, look like yours?:

    Before service:


    After service:
    Dogmann likes this.
    ......
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Member ASRSPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    I didn't even realize that they were putting those in the X-33s! Mine went in for service about a year and a half ago and it's a green backlight!

  6. #25
    Member john wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio
    Posts
    8,484

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    NMGE17, PeterA and Dogmann like this.



    "Man fears time; time fears the Pyramids"

  7. #26
    Member gaijin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    7,401

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    I saw your post on that, glad it worked out for you!



    Thanks very much, hadn't heard that one before. Here's a before/after comparison on mine, look like yours?:

    Before service:


    After service:
    Well ... the two "After service" pics look like blue on the left and green on the right. Mine looks like the one on the right - definitely green and not the very distinctive blue it was before service.

    HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

  8. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    173

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    This was just posted on reddit /r/watches. It's a repair done on an X-33 while aboard the International Space Station. Thought you guys might enjoy it.

    Omega Speedmaster X-33 Repair Aboard ISS - YouTube

  9. #28
    Member gaijin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    7,401

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    Quote Originally Posted by ASRSPR View Post
    I didn't even realize that they were putting those in the X-33s! Mine went in for service about a year and a half ago and it's a green backlight!
    I want to be very careful with my comments. I know for sure that mine has the Cal. 1666D TC movement and that it has a green backlight now, but had a blue backlight with the old movement.

    I do NOT know whether the Cal. 1666D TC movement is the ONLY movement version with a green backlight. So I cannot make the statement that a green backlight is a definitive descriminator for the Cal. 1666D TC movement.

    HTH
    mt1tdi likes this.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

  10. #29
    Member ASRSPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I want to be very careful with my comments. I know for sure that mine has the Cal. 1666D TC movement and that it has a green backlight now, but had a blue backlight with the old movement.

    I do NOT know whether the Cal. 1666D TC movement is the ONLY movement version with a green backlight. So I cannot make the statement that a green backlight is a definitive descriminator for the Cal. 1666D TC movement.

    HTH
    Sure, I understand. If I remember correctly, there's not actually any marking on the movement itself specifying the version. So I suppose there's not really any way for me to know. I'll keep doing research to see if there's a better way to distinguish versions.
    Last edited by ASRSPR; June 27th, 2012 at 16:40.

  11. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,598

    Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

    Mine's getting a full service at the NYC Boutique here and I'll get the watch hopefully back this week or next and can bring light to the TC movement (if they replaced mine).

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •