Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool???? - Page 5
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
    James - congrats on the new X-33! That's an awesome find. I bought the same kevlar strap that you have on yours now but it came with black stitching...weird.

I ordered the Kevlar strap from the FavAD... It came with grey stitching and I really like the contrast with the black strap and it compliments the Titanium case.

Either way thanks, it was quite the find. I was walking down an alley that I always knew had an Omega AD (jewelry chain store that carried Omega) and they carry all the old stock items for the jewelry chain it belongs to and there was an X-33 in the window... When I figured out it was NOS, I picked it up. They had it in their inventory for 13 years! :)
    Last edited by SpringDriven; June 29th, 2012 at 00:29.
    Zidane likes this.
    James

You guys are enablers, you realize...thanks a lot! I love this watch. Soon, very soon...

Love this watch

Name:  x-33coramide.jpg
Views: 1001
Size:  95.8 KB
    Name:  f42833ce.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  440.8 KB

The coramide Gen1 looks great but I think the bracelet balance the watch better around my wrist.

I had mine serviced last year and Omega changed my movement as well. Wonder which movement I got?

Cheers!
    /Peter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just got called by the Omega Boutique so I will be picking up the watch tomorrow and reporting about the TC
    Zidane likes this.

Alright just picked up my watch and the light is completely different color from before. It used to be this nice light blue color but now is kind of a medium green color. It is the thermo compensated movement! I spoke with the watchmaker and he said they just replaced my movement and put in a new one. Really nice to see they upgrade the movement now.

It's hard to capture the color of the light in a photo but you can clearly tell it is medium green
    Last edited by Kringkily; June 30th, 2012 at 02:10.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringDriven View Post
    I ordered the Kevlar strap from the FavAD... It came with grey stitching and I really like the contrast with the black strap and it compliments the Titanium case.
    Speaking of the FavAD there is an opportunity to get a new X-33 if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kringkily View Post
    Alright just picked up my watch and the light is completely different color from before. It used to be this nice light blue color but now is kind of a medium green color. It is the thermo compensated movement!
    I have been debating whether or not to send mine in but I've heard so many horror stories about the NJ service center I keep chickening out. Mine is in mint condition so I would hate for it to come back damaged in some way. Is the new green backlight a better match to the lume?
    Last edited by 10:10:31 28; June 30th, 2012 at 04:11.

I think I'll bring mine in for a service next week, hope to get the new movement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 10:10:31 28 View Post
    I have been debating whether or not to send mine in but I've heard so many horror stories about the NJ service center I keep chickening out. Mine is in mint condition so I would hate for it to come back damaged in some way. Is the new green backlight a better match to the lume?
    Mine was done all in house at the NYC boutique. The darker green lume helps the LCD be more visible at angles cause before the light blue light would take away clarity if viewed from an angle. It's kind of a interesting color choice but good. You can't really show it via Iphone but maybe someone with a good video camcorder can pick up the color better. I think it's nice they upgrade the movement to be more in line with other military watches (thermo compensated that is). I don't know the actual cost cause mine was done via courtesy but maybe another member can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by 10:10:31 28 View Post
    Please see my thread about my experience sending the X-33 to NJ for service: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/x-3...nt-683383.html

HTH
    Last edited by gaijin; June 30th, 2012 at 06:34.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information