Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool???? - Page 8
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    Currently teetering on getting a Gen1 thats just been serviced in the UK but Swatch UK swear blind there is no upgraded movement...maybe because there are no new visible features, like say with the 1665B vs the 1665A. I'll ask about that green BL color.

@ASRSPR - you could try the calibration procesure (TEST Mode 1) explained in the CousinsUK document posted on the previous page, if it works you have the 1666D (or 1666C)!
    This is interesting. I tried out the test mode on my X-33 and it seems that the modes there do not match the ones in the X-33 manual. Specifically, Test 0 is Test 2 in the manual - display all LCD segments. Then, Test 1 is Test 4 in the manual (buzzer) and each subsequent test matches the next one listed - Test 2 is Test 5 (seconds motor), 3 is 6 (minutes CW) and so on. There's no Test 1 mode as described in the manual and touching the C+ and C- pin to the battery + does nothing that I can see.

So, I suppose this can be interpreted two different ways: first, that the listing in the technical manual is only for the 1666C (I've heard that rate adjustment doesn't work for the 1666A) or second, that since the manual is from 2009 and only covers variants A-C, the 1666D test procedure and perhaps adjustment procedure is different (perhaps because thermocompensation obviates easy rate adjustment?).

I really have no idea what it means. Could someone who has an older out-of-warranty X-33 that's not been serviced recently try the CS Test (per http://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categor...ega%201666.pdf) and let me know if their tests match the table on page 7?

Addendum: The cal. 5666 technical guide (http://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categor...h%20sheets.pdf) indicates test modes similar to what's listed in the X-33 guide, different from mine.

More: From this thread (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/upda...es-673468.html), I gather that others have noted a dissimilarity between the listed test modes and the actual test procedure. However, I think that what eeeb has interpreted to be a display of the inhibition count (i.e. display of "1") is actually e repetition of the current test mode (which is the same displayed for tests 2,3,4,5, and 6 - i.e. all the non-LCD segment tests). And it's clear that there is a buzzer tone while in test 1, further suggesting that it is actually corresponding to test 4 in the manual.

Thus, we can be reasonably sure that the older version movements also do not match what's listed in the manual. But of course this does not rule out that the D version does in any way either.
    Last edited by ASRSPR; August 25th, 2012 at 08:30.

Thanks for giving it a try, so this means that :
    a. you got a 1666D installed in 2011 but it can't be calibrated like the 1666C, or
    b. you got a 1666A with a green backlight, so the green color is not an indication of an upgrade to 1666D...but it doesn't necessarily mean the 1666D can be calibrated like the 1666C

I agree that since the 5666 of the Z-33 works the same as the 1666D, option b. is a bit more likely but until someone who's been told specifically by Swatch that they have the 1666D is inside their serviced watch (two people so far I think) has been able to give it a try we won't know for sure.

In the meantime you could measure the drift over a week using Catalin's video method (HAQ forums) first at room temperature then with the watch placed on top of a router and see how different it is, if it's 20 spy or less then you have a heat-compensated movement

Hi,

Just found this fascinating thread. I was wondering, can I pop up with a dumb question? I once had an x-33 but it was stolen. However, I've finally got chance to buy one in the UK for a very reasonable price. However, it doesn't have the box or papers (but does have a serial number on the lugs).

Here is my dumb question. Allowing for how much it costs to do it, and how long it can take, is there any reason to think Omega wouldn't be prepared to service / overhaul the watch if I sent it in?

I'm really impressed how this thread has shown they still actively support the watch Wo the updated movements, but does this include gen 1 models as well, or wil ey only upgrade gen 2?

Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good question but it should not be a problem to get it serviced as I've never heard of Omega asking for proof of ownership to service a watch but your mileage may vary I guess...

Out of curiosity what's the asking price for that x-33 you have your eyea on?

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyr78 View Post
    Hi,

Just found this fascinating thread. I was wondering, can I pop up with a dumb question? I once had an x-33 but it was stolen. However, I've finally got chance to buy one in the UK for a very reasonable price. However, it doesn't have the box or papers (but does have a serial number on the lugs).

Here is my dumb question. Allowing for how much it costs to do it, and how long it can take, is there any reason to think Omega wouldn't be prepared to service / overhaul the watch if I sent it in?

I'm really impressed how this thread has shown they still actively support the watch Wo the updated movements, but does this include gen 1 models as well, or wil ey only upgrade gen 2?

Thanks!
    The service and movement upgrade questions are kind of different to my knowledge.

I can think of no reason Omega will not service an X-33 of either Gen 1 or 2 (unless it is not genuine).

As for upgraded movements there is no clear answer as to whether or not you will get or have received one unless you ask. If there is some central Swatch/Omega policy on this I've not seen it. Both Gen 1 and Gen 2 watches have received upgraded movements (my Gen 1 is one example, and Gaijin's Gen 2 (in this thread already) is another).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    HBL
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Not sure if there is an official X-33 pics thread, but here is mine! Love this watch.

Name:  IMG_1687.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  279.3 KB

To match the titanium case of the X-33 I have fitted a titanium OMEGA deployant clasp:

Name:  IMG_1578.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  154.1 KB

Nice opportunity to show my "Cool X-33" on the "X-33 Threads Were Cool" thread

flyinghell34 and MH434 like this.

Still is one of the coolest....

MH434 likes this.

Can you please provide information on the FavAD? I am new to these forums and am interested in a X33.

Cheers

Hey...Anyone remember when X-33 threads were cool????

Quote Originally Posted by Ludovico View Post
    Can you please provide information on the FavAD? I am new to these forums and am interested in a X33.

Cheers
    Discontinued I'm afraid. Look at SC they pop up from time to tome but not mine it's a keeper

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information