Hi guys,can help me with this OMEGA SEAMASTER CLASSIC MANUAL WIND WATCH?

Thread: Hi guys,can help me with this OMEGA SEAMASTER CLASSIC MANUAL WIND WATCH?

Hi guys,can help me with this OMEGA SEAMASTER CLASSIC MANUAL WIND WATCH?

I am really new to watches, sadly the country i am right now has limited resources, worst thing is most oversea sellers do not like to ship to philippines. I have came across a vintage seamaster, but really do not know how to identify it whether it is genuine?here is some photos. thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Hi guys,can help me with this OMEGA SEAMASTER CLASSIC MANUAL WIND WATCH?

It appears to be a genuine Omega, but it's difficult to say much more without seeing the reference number on the inside of the caseback, as well as the movement. This will help determine if all the parts match up correctly. It looks like the dial has been refinished.

As always, the more information the better!

eric

thanks eric,i just need to know whether it is a refurnished dial, thanks anyway, i really dont know how to tell it. Well for less than usd200,is it worth that much?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Land of eternal sunshine (except when it rains)

Tough call on the dial.... Looks original to me.... I would say that it is very likely the sweep seconds hand is not original.

Quote Originally Posted by eptaz View Post
    It appears to be a genuine Omega, but it's difficult to say much more without seeing the reference number on the inside of the caseback, as well as the movement. This will help determine if all the parts match up correctly. It looks like the dial has been refinished.

As always, the more information the better!

eric

You might be right, Joe. Just comparing it with some original dials, the Seamaster script doesn't look quite right and the printing looks too bold.

I just can't say for certain.

eric

I would say probably original, although the fact that it has -swiss made- instead of -T swiss made T- is slightly suspicious as both the dial has tritium as do hands, although on the hands the lume is newer fill. It looks to be in good condition, but need a photo of movement / casebacketc
    My vintage omega watch website:

A quick look in Omega Vintage Archives shows that it could be a radium dial from about 1960. See ref. 14384.

I agree with Mamas comment about the hands being redone at some point. I don't know about the seconds hand, could be a replacement or just a paint job on the original done by a watchmaker at customer's request.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

thanks guys, i will just meet up the seller, the actual rates converted to usd is around 170usd for the watch.

Thread Information