I have to Vent! Omega restore pain in the but

Thread: I have to Vent! Omega restore pain in the but

I have to Vent! Omega restore pain in the but

About a month ago i posted asking if anyone has ever used Farfo to have work done, after the post i got a sarcastic email from the guy restoring my watch. To refresh everyones memory i asked the forum about how long do you think it was reasonable to wait to have the dial restored, movement cleaned and a new stem bracelet and crown installed ( i supplied the new crwon and braclet) I was told 3 weeks to do the work, no problem right..... the watch was received on March 20th. I am not in a great rush and i am very patient and understanding. I contacted him a month later to check in to see how the work was progressing, i was told two more weeks..... no biggy, after three weeks i was told two more weeks for sure. I hope you can understand my annoyance if i tell you that i will have something done in a certain time frame it will be so, i am in business and i understand that issues arrive but to keep saying two more weeks over and over again is not good business. Bottom line is he has my watch now since March 20th and i have emails where i state i am sending him the breacelet to be installed. I got an email this morning saying what bracelet? I don't have any bracelet you sent..... i hope you all can understand that my blood pressure just went up BIG TIME. I will follow up on the forum as to how this all turns out and hopefully this guy will make good and finish the job.

One more thing do you think it's crazy to ask for pics of the finished dial and case restore, i asked him to send pics and i can't wait to hear his reply.

Re: I have to Vent! Omega restore pain in the but

I'll be very concerned as well if this happened to me.

hope it works out well for you.

This is why I only buy or get repairs from "real" dealers/jewelers that are authorized. By "real" I mean in-person.
    Maybe it's just me but I have always been skeptical of doing business with things like this online. Books, cd's, computer peripherals are one thing. But a watch is an entirely different animal. Before the protests start...the same thing could happen with computer speakers for example. You could send them back and they could say "what speakers"...I could deal with my 60 dollar pc speakers being "misplaced" not my $2000 watch, if you understand what I mean...

I'd rather pay the 10% extra to have the peace of mind that if there's an issue, the watchmaker can repair it or will handle sending it back, etc. I bought my SMP at Fortunoff. I would not go to Tourneau, too many bad stories. While I know I didn't get a discount I could have gotten online, I knew that god forbid, if anything happened, I could bring it to their watchmaker on premises and it could be handled person-to-person from there. Also, I know the salespeople now. I had a free re-sizing done after the initial free sizing because I had it too loose and there were no problems. Also, if I go back for another watch, say a Tissot, I may get a deeper discount because of my repeat business.

Just my .02
    Last edited by omegaphil; September 3rd, 2006 at 20:07.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MARKO
    One more thing do you think it's crazy to ask for pics of the finished dial and case restore, i asked him to send pics and i can't wait to hear his reply.
    I don't think it's a crazy request,this guy sound's like a real A-hole,unprofessional,and does not know the meaning of keeping one's word. Good luck. John Wilson.

Thread Information