WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

If you have been considering the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial . . .

25K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  Bender.Folder 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I became rather irritated by the long, flat lugs and the even longer end-pieces of the bracelet (lug to lug is about 48 mm; with the bracelet, it is about 53 mm)
This has always been my problem with the SM300. I can live with the 41mm diameter, and even with the now traditional Omega thickness, but I cannot abide a watch that hangs straight off the sides of my wrist. Though my wrist is about 7½" around, it is barely 63mm wide at the watch-wearing point. As much as I want to love it, the proportions simply are not right for me (and, sadly, I seem to say that about most of Omega's new offerings :-().

Reactions: fskywalker
#12 ·
I tried one on at the omega boutique in Vegas and for me it fits my 7.5" wrist perfect. It is next on my list.

#17 · (Edited)
I don't like it that every product photo of the SM300MC has pronounced yellow lume. That is the color of my Steinhart OVM (wears EXACTLY the same considering case shape and lug to lug distance BTW!) and the real color is a muted cream color.

When I saw it for the first time IRL I was surprised how different it looks. Way better IMO.

#24 ·
#26 ·
I've been looking at pictures of the SM300MC online for months and I think I've read just about every review of it and I could not wait to check it out at an AD. I finally tried it on on the weekend and I found that, for me, it just didn't work. I still think it looks great in pictures, but when I put it on and saw it in the steel, it just wasn't for me. It actually made me love my Seamaster 2254 even more because it does work so well for me. I still think the SM300MC is a great watch and I still really like looking at pictures of it.
Watch Wrist Analog watch Arm Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Watch Fashion accessory Titanium Metal

#27 ·
I've been looking at pictures of the SM300MC online for months and I think I've read just about every review of it and I could not wait to check it out at an AD. I finally tried it on on the weekend and I found that, for me, it just didn't work. I still think it looks great in pictures, but when I put it on and saw it in the steel, it just wasn't for me. It actually made me love my Seamaster 2254 even more because it does work so well for me. I still think the SM300MC is a great watch and I still really like looking at pictures of it.
In the pictures it looks like the bracelet is positioned in front of wrist joint bone. Is that where you wear your watches? Just curious.

#32 ·
I'd had my Pro for about two years when I got the Mark II (at the end of last year) and I also felt it was really thick at first. But I quickly got used to it and now I don't give it a second thought - it's just a different style of watch with a different feel. I've said here before that I actually prefer it to the Pro...

(Apologies for being off topic, everyone - back to the 300!)

#33 ·
Yeah, I can see how you would like the Mk. II more. The dial is amazing when you see it in person. I could be leaning in that direction myself.

#37 ·
Like avt80 yesterday, I tried on the SM300 Master Co-ax today (regular black dial and blue Ti). And, just like avt80, I have to say, I wasn't completely blown away by it - that's what I expected to happen. Don't get me wrong, it's a terrific looking watch, oozes class and I'd absolutely love to own one, but it's certainly not at the top of my wishlist. I tried on a Ploprof and PO8500 Ti LM at the same time and much preferred these. Maybe the SM300 Master Co-ax just isn't my style...

Anyway, here are some pics from the boutique today of the 300:

#39 ·
This is true. The first place I tried it on had these powerful overhead lights right above the display cases. The sales person recommended I step away from the lights to get a better look at it. Yesterday I tried it on again at an AD that was in a temporary location due to renovations so they didn't have the typical lighting designed to make everything shine and I thought it looked much nicer.

#41 ·
I hated it in any front windows I'd cross it here in Switzerland. I almost bought one mainly due a superb deal someone was offering due high need of money quickly. As I strapped it on the wrist my mind changed. The angular lugs, the shiny center links, all blended nicely once on the wrist. Main surprise was comfort whereas thickness is almost PO ballpark it felt just right on my wrist. I favored Speedie Pro for turning 30y old. Not saying this SM300 is for older men but I dont feel it would fit my style and actual life. Would sit in the box more than on my wrist. Its another one of those watches that look better on wrist than on pictures imho. Maybe in some years I'll join u :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.