Incoming!!!!
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: Incoming!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Incoming!!!!

Well it’s probably no secret to most of the regulars here that I’ve been debating picking up an Aqua Terra. I was debating a newer reference with the horizontal lines and date at 6. Annoyingly the designs I liked most only came in 41mm and despite trying to convince myself it would be ok, I came to the conclusion that a smaller version would be better. The 38mm blue dial became the No1 contender, but the shade of blue was a little light for my taste.

As many know, I used to own the 38.5mm ‘Skyfall’ AT back in 2013. I sold it on for three reasons. First being I was in my mid thirties and caught up in the ‘diver sports’ hysteria, secondly I was much larger back then with a fatter wrist and felt it wore too small and lastly I was far more casual in my dress style. Times however have changed for me. I’m much slimmer and fitter now and my round wrist carries the smaller AT style much better. Also I’m a little more dressy in my style now and the AT suits that perfectly. The Skyfall AT dial is the perfect blue. I mean perfect!

This would be the first watch that I’ve ever bought for the second time. You read often on watch forums of people buying and reselling the same watch several times. I used to read these posts with much humour and here I was about to embark on the same madness journey.

Now times have changed with regards to this particular reference. It’s become a unicorn. In a month of looking I’d come across very few examples for sale. They were either in bad condition, missing box and or papers or outside the European Union, thus bloody expensive to buy.

Anyway....on Thursday morning my Instagram buzzed with a direct message from a chap who follows me. He tells me that he’s been following my profile for a while and saw I was hunting. He informed me of one for sale that I wasn’t aware of. I thanked him and looked up this particular shop and sure enough they had one. It looked in fab condition and came with everything. A full set as it were. A quick phone call and brief negotiation and it was a done deal. Funnily enough I’m never that brazen, but it felt right. I paid and went to collect it yesterday. I’ll admit I was very nervous, but knowing I could get a refund if not happy really buoyed me. The sales assistant brought it out and sure enough it came with all the papers and box. Then she opened up this little purse and out came the watch. Now remember I used to own this watch and in the past month I’d watched every YouTube video I could find and looked on Instagram and on here to see this watch. Well I was totally blown away. My girlfriend gushed “it’s really beautiful!” Now she couldn’t careless about watches, but this one she really likes. What a watch! It was handed to me and the condition can be described as 99% pretty much perfect. Funnily enough it was sized perfectly to my wrist. Now I’m slimmer it wears perfectly. Im totally in awe of it. It really is one of the most beautiful watches that Omega have produced IMHO. I’m so so lucky to have a second chance with this watch.

Anyway here is a photo. Quick and dirty. There will be lots more. That I can promise.

Thanks for reading guys and girls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by solesman; 4 Days Ago at 23:59.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall" , Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition,Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Re: Incoming!!!!

Congrats. I’ve been following your search so it’s great to hear that you were able to finally track down a good one. Was it within driving distance or did you have to fly/train to pick up your precious?

LOoOser in the brotherhood
    fskywalker and solesman like this.

Very well done indeed Dan, many congratulations!

So happy that your perseverance has paid off & you've found an ideal one at last!
    Last edited by cybercat; 4 Days Ago at 21:56.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations! The Skyfall is my favorite Aqua Terra and one of my absolute favorite Omegas. Enjoy it!

Beautiful watch!

Congrats on your Omega and thanks for providing a narrative on how you obtain your Aqua Terra. Enjoy your "new" Skyfall in the years to come.

Congratulations Dan!

Really pleased for you to find what you were looking for, relatively quickly and that it is clearly bringing you such pleasure.

Nigel
    fskywalker, cybercat and solesman like this.

My favorite Omega by a mile. I’ve been following your threads and have been thinking of starting a “Save Solesman Fund...”

; )

A BIG CONGRATS at reaquiring your Skyfall AT! In the perfect 38.5 mm case size I’d add. And you are correct, there is no better shade of blue, one of my favorite dials of all time. Wear in the best of health. Funny, sometimes we don’t realize how much we miss something until it’s gone...

I moved mine on a couple months ago because I thought it wore too thick and these days I really do prefer no date watches. But I think of it fondly and often. Who knows, perhaps I’ll reaquire it some day as well. Crazier things have happened

; )
    fskywalker, NMGE17 and solesman like this.

Rolex 114060
    Zenith El Primero

Congrats!! Glad you found one!!

Great pickup

Hopefully this watch stays with you for a long time

I might be different then a lot of folks here but I never saw the 2nd generation Omega Aqua Terra as strictly a dressy watch. To me that generation of AT (the skyfall model included) is the best watch for a person that wants only one watch. It is dressy enough for work that you have to wear suit and tie for and also sporty/causal enough for t-shirt and shorts. Most dress watches don't have 150m water resistance and screw down crowns. To make it look uber casual put it on a nato or a leather strap.

I am a big dude also and the 38.5mm version looked fine on my wrist. To me the AT 38.5mm looked more like a 40mm watch

Show us more pics

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information