Input Needed!! Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

Thread: Input Needed!! Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Input Needed!! Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

I purchased the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra yesterday for about $2600. link: http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=281#

I'm 22 and will be going into the world of investment banking next year. I'm still not sure if this is the right watch for me or not. I loved it in the store, but as a watch newbie I'm still not exactly sure what I want.

Do you guys think this is an appropriate watch for a 22-year old? I want something that is sporty, classic, and professional. I think that is what this is but I wanted some other input.

I'm not sure if the store will let me take it back or not since I wore it outside today. I also saw it online at watchesplanet.com for $600 less than what I paid! Is that a legitamate way to buy a watch?

I would greatly appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,
    John

Re: Input Needed!! Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra

Thats a great choice! I`m 25 and get`s lots of copliments on It
    You`re interested in stopwatches? Please visit
    http://stopwatches.forum24.se

Here's what I think (I'm 23 and a graduate student)...

If you can afford it now (along with maintainance and the risk of it possibly being solen &c.), then it's a perfectly sensible choice! If you do indeed become an investment banker, you're not going to end up starving anyway.

As far as styling goes, I really like those Aqua Terras! I'd love to wear one, but it would be a bit dressy for every day for me.

I'm thinking hard about buying a Doxa 750T this summer as I start writing my PhD. The logic is that I'd buy myself a nice watch sooner or later, and if I buy it when I'm young, I'll get to enjoy it for that bit longer. I have the money (government sponsorship), and can justify it, and there are no other `toys' competing with it... (A double bass is the exception but I'm concentrating on the piano for a few years. And I don't have the space for a DB).

The only thing that makes me think twice is using that money to go travelling.

Jas

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Okay, I uploaded a couple of pictures of my Aqua Terra on my wrist. It's the silver and black one. Let me know how it looks. I have a pretty large wrist, does this size diamater-wise look correct?

I've just recently discovered this forum. I wish I had found this a couple of days ago when I was out watch hunting! I uploaded a picture from the forum of Jon's Aqua Terra. I really think that one looks a lot classier than my black and steel one. However, I didn't see that one at the watch store where I bought mine. Maybe they could special order it for me. The regrettable thing is that I can already see a small scratch on the bottom of the bezel of my watch! I'm doubting they would accept this one back at the store. Any thoughts?

Another picture of the one I like: http://www.omegawatches.com/fileadmi...g/28033337.jpg

Also, does anyone have any comments on leather vs. steel band for intensive computer work? I'll be at the office 90-100+ hours per week and I was curious if one band is better than the other for this type of work.

-John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by zzzzzzzz321; May 24th, 2006 at 20:37.

Chill out man. yo have bought one of the best watches at the price point on the market in my opinion with one of the best innovations via the co-axial mechanism. It is a classy watch, and will certainly look the part in your banking work place. i prefer the black dial over Jons cream one, but both are stunning pieces and it comes down to personal taste. Stop worrying about the watch and start enjoying it.. i am sure that this piece will take whatever you throw at it.. even 100 hrs of computer work

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzz321
    Okay, I uploaded a couple of pictures of my Aqua Terra on my wrist. It's the silver and black one. Let me know how it looks. I have a pretty large wrist, does this size diamater-wise look correct?

I've just recently discovered this forum. I wish I had found this a couple of days ago when I was out watch hunting! I uploaded a picture from the forum of Jon's Aqua Terra. I really think that one looks a lot classier than my black and steel one. However, I didn't see that one at the watch store where I bought mine. Maybe they could special order it for me. The regrettable thing is that I can already see a small scratch on the bottom of the bezel of my watch! I'm doubting they would accept this one back at the store. Any thoughts?

Another picture of the one I like: http://www.omegawatches.com/fileadmi...g/28033337.jpg

Also, does anyone have any comments on leather vs. steel band for intensive computer work? I'll be at the office 90-100+ hours per week and I was curious if one band is better than the other for this type of work.

-John
    Hello,
    First , nice watch, can't go wrong, its an allrounder,
    second,both types will get worn,the leather faster, and than you need replacement, the steel,will get scratched, but iff it becomes to much you can always bring it to your watchmaker who can fix this,
    Regards,

I own two. One with the co-axial movement (silver face, steel bracelet), the other with quartz movement (black face, leather band). You have made a very wise purchase. The Aqua Terra was the most talked about new watch launch of any brand in 2002. Stop worrying about it.

Welcome, John.

I purchased the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra yesterday for about $2600. link: http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=281#

Now that you've found us, check here for a dealer referrral next time. You'll be pleased

I'm 22 and will be going into the world of investment banking next year. I'm still not sure if this is the right watch for me or not. I loved it in the store, but as a watch newbie I'm still not exactly sure what I want.

I'm not sure what the typical starting investment banker is wearing, nowadays It sounds like you like the watch, but you may be suffering from a bit of buyers remorse. It will pass. Try to remeber why you liked it so much in the store. It's the same watch, now.

Do you guys think this is an appropriate watch for a 22-year old?

I think the question of how "appropriate" it is has less to do with age than with the individual. If you want something flashy and popular, that people will recognize at a glance as a "nice watch," it might not have been the best choice. If you want an understated, rugged watch of exceptional quality and construction, you found a winner.

I want something that is sporty, classic, and professional. I think that is what this is but I wanted some other input.

I think the AT (particularly the black model) is Omega's best combination of class and sport, elegance and ruggedness, casual and professional. It moves easily from office to field, from suit to jeans, from subway to mountain bike. If you have any doubts about ruggendess, you should read Marcus' review here.

I'm not sure if the store will let me take it back or not since I wore it outside today. I also saw it online at watchesplanet.com for $600 less than what I paid! Is that a legitamate way to buy a watch?

The question of online, "grey market," unauthorized dealers is a touchy subject. New Omegas sold online are grey market and not authorized by Omega. When you purchase through a grey market dealer, you give up a factory warranty. Also, some of these dealers will remove the serial numbers from the case and usually won't include warranty cards. This can effect your resale value.
    The right Authorized Dealer will offer prices just as good as grey market.

I would greatly appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,
    John

Like others have said, I think you should take a deep breath, remember why you liked it so much in the store, and start enjoying it. It's a beauty and it looks good on you.

eric

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzz321

I've just recently discovered this forum. I wish I had found this a couple of days ago when I was out watch hunting! I uploaded a picture from the forum of Jon's Aqua Terra. I really think that one looks a lot classier than my black and steel one. However, I didn't see that one at the watch store where I bought mine. Maybe they could special order it for me.

-John
    Welcome to WUS John
    I think you did a smart move, to get the black one, and to have it on a bracelet
    Remember, I have a black speedy pro too. And I don't use bracelets much. But the normal advice is to get the bracelet if you want both
    There are a lot of very nice after market straps available, a bit cheaper than the Omega strap/deployant

And I have to say, I do like the AT a lot

Cheers Jon

Quote Originally Posted by eptaz
    I think the AT (particularly the black model) is Omega's best combination of class and sport, elegance and ruggedness, casual and professional. It moves easily from office to field, from suit to jeans, from subway to mountain bike. If you have any doubts about ruggendess, you should read Marcus' review here.
    That review has really got me thinking about an AT!

Jas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information