Just Added an Aqua Terra; Some Thoughts and First Impressions - Page 5
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Just Added an Aqua Terra; Some Thoughts and First Impressions

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Just Added an Aqua Terra; Some Thoughts and First Impressions

I’m a bracelet guy and I really like the aesthetics of this one so it is hard for me to imagine putting a strap on it although I really like the look of a lot of the rubber Omega straps. If you’re the type who frets over scratches, a trap is probably the best route to go
    Goldmt2 likes this.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Longines: Conquest V.H.P.
    G Shock: MTG-B1000D-1A,
    GW-9400-3, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-1, GX-56BB, GW-B5000FB-4JR, GW-M5610MW-7JF, GW-B5600BC-1ER, GW-B5600-2ER, GW-B5600HR-1

Wow, it's a beauty...very clean look

Great looking watch. Always been a fan of Aqua's, yet to own one. Great write up too, thanks for sharing.
    Dave
    ------------
    Bell & Ross: BR-03-92 Carbon (For Sale)
    Omega: Planet Ocean | Seamaster Professional
    Tag Heuer: A couple of Link's | A couple of Formula 1's

Tissot: Chrono XL | V8
    Swiss Army: Dive Master

Wish List: IWC Pilot

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great review... congrats on the watch.

There are couple of features I really appreciate about the Omega Aqua Terra that are often overlooked. I really like the jump-hour hand (something I believe you mentioned in a later post). And the Omega AT domed/coated crystal is absolutely terrific. It is much better about not picking up objectionable glare/reflections than the flat crystals on Rolexes, and the resulting improved transparency really lets the Omega's dial/hands/indices show their stuff. These are two features I'd like to see more of in other brands/watches.

[On the downside I agree that the butterfly clasp and polished center links are not my faves. Happily I've experienced no problem with the crown.]
    EightEyes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chronomanic View Post
    Great review... congrats on the watch.

There are couple of features I really appreciate about the Omega Aqua Terra that are often overlooked. I really like the jump-hour hand (something I believe you mentioned in a later post). And the Omega AT domed/coated crystal is absolutely terrific. It is much better about not picking up objectionable glare/reflections than the flat crystals on Rolexes, and the resulting improved transparency really lets the Omega's dial/hands/indices show their stuff. These are two features I'd like to see more of in other brands/watches.

[On the downside I agree that the butterfly clasp and polished center links are not my faves. Happily I've experienced no problem with the crown.]
    I really like the jump hour hand also, but....okay, this sounds weird, but when I use it it feels almost fragile to me like I am putting a lot of stress on it. I know it is designed for it and I am probably being paranoid, so I am trying to just enjoy it without worrying everytime I change the date.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001
    Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205
    Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot
    Sinn: LE 556i
    Longines: Conquest V.H.P.
    G Shock: MTG-B1000D-1A,
    GW-9400-3, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-1, GX-56BB, GW-B5000FB-4JR, GW-M5610MW-7JF, GW-B5600BC-1ER, GW-B5600-2ER, GW-B5600HR-1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information