Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why - Page 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

I love my two, I now own a silver dialled versions and the TT on rubber. I did have the black one and sold it on to a friend as I got bored of the black. and it was the same as all my other black dialled watches. Apart from that what not to love.

42 mm Planet Ocean

Simon

I would say maybe the fact theyre so distinct is why they got moved on. Theyre not as neutral as previous SMPs. The initial impact of those stunning dials has the reverse effect over time whereas the classics like the original SMP and submariner are more like keepers as theyre fairly neutral looking watches. Ive also found this to be true of watches with a lot of colour. I had a Tudor black bay red bezel version which I loved but as an every day watch the colour jarred slightly so found it better in a rotation. For me, this would apply to the SMP. Not a reflection of the watch in general. I keep teasing myself with the new SMPs and tried them on numerous times but it would have to be the rubber strap option as the bracelet looks wrong on such a modern watch, to my eyes at least. I love the look of the grey dial version on bracelet though and the ceramic case version is pretty cool too but it needs to be at that price. I have a feeling this watch may age fairly quickly.
    heb likes this.

Gentlemen I'm asking you to all STOP IT! By telling me there are a lot of pre-loved ones on the market and how much value for money the new SMPs are, your enticing me. I promised the family my new PO (for my upcoming 40th) was my last watch for many many many years. Your all being a super bad influencers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It’s not the watch but the nature of the new people in this hobby the last few years.
    fish70 and Independent George like this.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Gentlemen I'm asking you to all STOP IT! By telling me there are a lot of pre-loved ones on the market and how much value for money the new SMPs are, your enticing me. I promised the family my new PO (for my upcoming 40th) was my last watch for many many many years. Your all being a super bad influencers
    Be careful the Watch buying is a sickness
    1 watch is Never Enough

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

Quote Originally Posted by greent54 View Post
    Be careful the Watch buying is a sickness
    1 watch is Never Enough

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    In my case 4 don't feel enough

Last edited by anonymousmoose; 2 Weeks Ago at 13:55.
    kulit.. likes this.

It is common for newly released watches that enjoyed an initial burst of popularity.

Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

Small wrist no problem! This one is forever..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    heb, Betterthere and dosei like this.
    1. Tissot PRS 200 Stainless Steel Chronograph (since 4/2004)
    2. Tissot PRS 516 Blue Automatic Stainless steel (3/2015) —> SOLD
    3. Tissot Automatic III Day Date (10/2019)
    4. Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Co-Axial Master Chronometer 42 MM Blue Dial (10/2019)

Rolling eyes Re: Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    I would say maybe the fact theyre so distinct is why they got moved on. Theyre not as neutral as previous SMPs. The initial impact of those stunning dials has the reverse effect over time whereas the classics like the original SMP and submariner are more like keepers as theyre fairly neutral looking watches. Ive also found this to be true of watches with a lot of colour. I had a Tudor black bay red bezel version which I loved but as an every day watch the colour jarred slightly so found it better in a rotation. For me, this would apply to the SMP. Not a reflection of the watch in general. I keep teasing myself with the new SMPs and tried them on numerous times but it would have to be the rubber strap option as the bracelet looks wrong on such a modern watch, to my eyes at least. I love the look of the grey dial version on bracelet though and the ceramic case version is pretty cool too but it needs to be at that price. I have a feeling this watch may age fairly quickly.
    I think you nailed it. More novelty than classic, and more blue ones out there, which is not as versatile. I 'm a huge 007 fan, but the previous versions was a classic, IMHO; and I don't like the skeleton hands. I waited until a flawless 2254 sword-hand came along. I will never let it go. Well, I have no plans......at this time......to let it go.
    No, I'm sorry, I REALLY don't need another diver, I mean, I don't even dive and I have so many already, ........oooh, how much did you want for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Split-2nd View Post
    I think you nailed it. More novelty than classic, and more blue ones out there, which is not as versatile. I 'm a huge 007 fan, but the previous versions was a classic, IMHO; and I don't like the skeleton hands. I waited until a flawless 2254 sword-hand came along. I will never let it go. Well, I have no plans......at this time......to let it go.
    I own quite a few SMPs -- I would not call this latest version a "novelty." It's easily the best-built and best-featured of the ones I own, with the possible exception of the SM300 trilogy. Aesthetically, of course, and in terms of size, style and personal preference YMMV, but I really don't get the sales forum numbers = design flaws arguments that cycle round here with many different models and brands. Really think it's a combo of sales volumes and variance.
    fish70 likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information