Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why - Page 4
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    heb

Re: Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I love my two, I now own a silver dialled versions and the TT on rubber. I did have the black one and sold it on to a friend as I got bored of the black. and it was the same as all my other black dialled watches. Apart from that what not to love.

I ruminated on the silver dial version for awhile before I went with the blue dial model. One of the few reasons why I chose blue was it seemed to be more legible than the silver, at least in pictures. What do you think?
    heb

heb

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    I would say maybe the fact theyre so distinct is why they got moved on. Theyre not as neutral as previous SMPs. The initial impact of those stunning dials has the reverse effect over time whereas the classics like the original SMP and submariner are more like keepers as theyre fairly neutral looking watches. Ive also found this to be true of watches with a lot of colour. I had a Tudor black bay red bezel version which I loved but as an every day watch the colour jarred slightly so found it better in a rotation. For me, this would apply to the SMP. Not a reflection of the watch in general. I keep teasing myself with the new SMPs and tried them on numerous times but it would have to be the rubber strap option as the bracelet looks wrong on such a modern watch, to my eyes at least. I love the look of the grey dial version on bracelet though and the ceramic case version is pretty cool too but it needs to be at that price. I have a feeling this watch may age fairly quickly.
    Nice comments. I've been wearing my blue dialed version on bracelet for the last two months and have no regrets. But I wonder how much more desirable the model would have been if Omega did up the two ceramic features in a matte finish vice highly polished. I think that would have given the watch a more serious, professional affect.

heb

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Gentlemen I'm asking you to all STOP IT! By telling me there are a lot of pre-loved ones on the market and how much value for money the new SMPs are, your enticing me. I promised the family my new PO (for my upcoming 40th) was my last watch for many many many years. Your all being a super bad influencers
    Yeah I tried on a friends's a month or two ago hoping it would look too big on my 7" wrist. It was perfect. I guess if everyone is selling them I should be able to snag one for $3000 some day soon haha.
    What's he building in there?...I'll tell you one thing, He's not building a playhouse for the children.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    What do you quantify as "sale"? The 15% to about 20% discounts you can get from the internet and authorized dealers are standard for Omega and just about any watch brand not named Rolex. Has been for decades.

heb
    Until relatively recently (as late as Dec 17) you could get a SubC at 20-25% discount at Christmas time where I live.

I got a good deal on my PO (new) and according to Chrono24 it has increased by 15% in the last 18 mo.

Itís no secret that watches are significantly marked up by ADs, so discounts are easy to negotiate and I expect that will even be true for SS Rolexes in the future.
    koolpep likes this.

".....Itís no secret that watches are significantly marked up by ADs, so discounts are easy to negotiate and I expect that will even be true for SS Rolexes in the future."

Just curious as to why you expect that. Has Rolex ever discounted? I'd love to think this is true.
    No, I'm sorry, I REALLY don't need another diver, I mean, I don't even dive and I have so many already, ........oooh, how much did you want for that?

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson56 View Post
    Until relatively recently (as late as Dec 17) you could get a SubC at 20-25% discount at Christmas time where I live.

I got a good deal on my PO (new) and according to Chrono24 it has increased by 15% in the last 18 mo.

It’s no secret that watches are significantly marked up by ADs, so discounts are easy to negotiate and I expect that will even be true for SS Rolexes in the future.
    You might have made a nice second income as a SubC reseller. I haven't heard of discounts like that on a Rolex sports watch in a long time now (UK/Canada).

Heb,

It's perfectly legible, the date can be a little tricky in dim light but otherwise fine, to be honest I find the blue hands are distracting as they glisten in the light. Sad I know, but I love the watch and am so glad I took the chance 2nd time around.
    heb likes this.

42 mm Planet Ocean

Simon

Not sure seems to have posted twice.

42 mm Planet Ocean

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Split-2nd View Post
    ".....Itís no secret that watches are significantly marked up by ADs, so discounts are easy to negotiate and I expect that will even be true for SS Rolexes in the future."

Just curious as to why you expect that. Has Rolex ever discounted? I'd love to think this is true.
    Approx. 3 years ago when sports models were readily available I tried on a SubC, hulk, explorer I and BLNR. Was offered 5% off across the board. The BLNR is the only one that spoke to me and I seriously regret not picking it up! Not a huge discount but at least it was something. Those days are long gone, for the foreseeable future anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    koolpep likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Split-2nd View Post

Yes they have. Last week at Rolex Boutique, OP39mm readily available 10% discount. If you go for some of the not so popular ones even a tad more discount is possible....
    ó
    Watches in profile....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information