Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

It seems that there are a lot of the newest version of the SMP for sale, similar to when the Tudor Black Bay Blue appeared often in the used market (some said due to being 'slab-sided'). Has anyone bought and flipped one, and if so what didn't you like about it?

Re: Lots of 2019 Omega SMPs for sale? Wondering why

Quote Originally Posted by longskate87 View Post
    It seems that there are a lot of the newest version of the SMP for sale, similar to when the Tudor Black Bay Blue appeared often in the used market (some said due to being 'slab-sided'). Has anyone bought and flipped one, and if so what didn't you like about it?
    Because they're too heavy on the wrist

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    mdrtoronto likes this.

I absolutely love mine. Fantastic watch and they absolutely nailed the blue!

I think it comes down to being a super popular watch, and they’ve sold a ton of them.

Consequently many also appear on the secondhand market, just due to volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by greent54 View Post
    Because they're too heavy on the wrist

Try it on the rubber! It’s perfection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    solesman likes this.
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

It's a killer watch, IMO. Especially on the rubber or a NATO. Nothing to touch it at anywhere near the price. I do think it's heavier on the bracelet than, say, a Sub or Pelagos, but it's a brilliant package overall. I suspect this apparent glut is just variance. Happens with lots of popular watches -- I remember a while back seeing something like a dozen Sinn 103s for sale at the same time, then months went by with nearly none for sale. It happens.

FWIW, the blue and black on steel and rubber and the black Sedna are both backordered at my AD, have been for months. And they're not handing out discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkawall View Post
    It's a killer watch, IMO. Especially on the rubber or a NATO. Nothing to touch it at anywhere near the price. I do think it's heavier on the bracelet than, say, a Sub or Pelagos, but it's a brilliant package overall. I suspect this apparent glut is just variance. Happens with lots of popular watches -- I remember a while back seeing something like a dozen Sinn 103s for sale at the same time, then months went by with nearly none for sale. It happens.

FWIW, the blue and black on steel and the black Sedna are both backordered at my AD, have been for months. And they're not handing out discounts.
    Seiko LX Prospex spring drive is a top quality movement and very light weight but if you want Handmade its Grand Seiko

I got rid of mine because I thought I could live with the 50mm lug to lug but they just ended up feeling un-proportional and long. If they increased the diameter by .5 why would they make an almost 3mm jump in the lugs from 47.5 to 50?!!! I think 48.5 would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by rdranade View Post
    I got rid of mine because I thought I could live with the 50mm lug to lug but they just ended up feeling un-proportional and long. If they increased the diameter by .5 why would they make an almost 3mm jump in the lugs from 47.5 to 50?!!! I think 48.5 would have been perfect.
    That's really interesting, I didn't realize that they increased the lug to lug that much. I have Seamaster Pro Bond and the lug to lug is almost perfect.

I had a midsize and even that was too heavy for its proportions to wear comfortably. I guess the same is true for these but like omega1300 noted, I'm sure they are selling tons of these. A lot of watch for the money

Quote Originally Posted by rdranade View Post
    I felt the same, the lugs were too long for me. I felt more comfortable with my 43.5mm PO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information