MK40 - obtaining box, manual, picto
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 6R15
  • 1 Post By dbansal

Thread: MK40 - obtaining box, manual, picto

MK40 - obtaining box, manual, picto

Hey guys,
    I just placed an order for a very good (not excellent) condition MK40 from a very reputable online seller. Unfortunately, I am only getting the watch for the price I am paying. I think a box and manual are easy enough to find (I think?). However, I am sure getting the picto is much much harder. Anything I can do? Just want proof of papers...is getting it serviced the only way?

Thanks in advance!

Re: MK40 - obtaining box, manual, picto

There's no point in trying to build a full set on a vintage that isn't super desirable.
    OedipusFlex and Paulsky like this.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Quote Originally Posted by 6R15 View Post
    There's no point in trying to build a full set on a vintage that isn't super desirable.
    Thanks but I'll decide that for myself.
    [email protected] likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dbansal View Post
    Thanks but I'll decide that for myself.
    But 6R15 has a point there. I mean if you’re doing it for your own pleasure that’s one thing, but if you’re thinking of somehow enhancing its value for a future sale, I’m not sure it’s worth it.
    As for papers, I think that if you take it to Omega you might be able to pay for an extract from the archives with information on the watch. Otherwise, yes, a service would seem to be the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsky View Post
    But 6R15 has a point there. I mean if you’re doing it for your own pleasure that’s one thing, but if you’re thinking of somehow enhancing its value for a future sale, I’m not sure it’s worth it.
    As for papers, I think that if you take it to Omega you might be able to pay for an extract from the archives with information on the watch. Otherwise, yes, a service would seem to be the best way.
    well yes, it's kind of for both if that makes sense. I would definitely want the full set for my own pleasure but, at some point I may want to sell it. I am quite surprised for the lack of enthusiasm for the desirability for this watch . From what i've seen in a few places it's had quite the revival in interest.

Quote Originally Posted by dbansal View Post
    well yes, it's kind of for both if that makes sense. I would definitely want the full set for my own pleasure but, at some point I may want to sell it. I am quite surprised for the lack of enthusiasm for the desirability for this watch . From what i've seen in a few places it's had quite the revival in interest.
    It definitely has, but do you think it’ll go up 50% in value over the next couple of years like some of the discontinued Rolex models? It’s a cool watch though. Hopefully for you it does go up in value.

I think the watch looks super cool and is very original looking. We'll see once I have it on the wrist. Can't wait to get it. Will post pics once i do!

Thread Information