My fathers SMP
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By anonymousmoose
  • 3 Post By anonymousmoose

Thread: My fathers SMP

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member anonymousmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    8,748

    My fathers SMP

    Re-introducing my fathers Omega SMP Quartz.

    I sourced this for him several years ago from WUS.

    I love it!

    I wore it for a wrist shot




    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 6 Days Ago at 11:27.

  2. #2
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,241

    Re: My fathers SMP

    I was really fancying a black SMP when I first got into watches and that model was in the thick of it aswell as the blue dial variant. Super grab and go watch. In the end I picked up a 2254.50 as I couldn't decide between the two colours.
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  3. #3
    Member anonymousmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    8,748

    Re: My fathers SMP

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    In the end I picked up a 2254.50 as I couldn't decide between the two colours.
    I have to say thats the bees knees of the SMP's from that era. I owned one briefly, selling it for about cost to a good friend.

    I do find the black dial wave pattern on my fathers isn't as visible as the blue dialed ones.

    I had a quartz 'electric blue' at one stage, now that was a dial! I kept staring at it all the time.
    I have never ever seen a photo of the electric blue dial that does it justice, never. This one is close...

    source: https://www.nikiasgold.com/en/%CF%80...year-warranty/

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    15

    Re: My fathers SMP

    Wow that’s Amazing looking !!!

  6. #5
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,241

    Re: My fathers SMP

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    I have to say thats the bees knees of the SMP's from that era. I owned one briefly, selling it for about cost to a good friend.

    I do find the black dial wave pattern on my fathers isn't as visible as the blue dialed ones.

    I had a quartz 'electric blue' at one stage, now that was a dial! I kept staring at it all the time.
    I have never ever seen a photo of the electric blue dial that does it justice, never. This one is close...

    source: https://www.nikiasgold.com/en/%CF%80...year-warranty/
    I always liked the electric blue dial, but the silver bezel has always left me cold. Much like the Rolex Yachtmaster. Meh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    17

    Re: My fathers SMP

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    I always liked the electric blue dial, but the silver bezel has always left me cold. Much like the Rolex Yachtmaster. Meh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel the same. Can you swap the bezel out with the black one from the 2254/2264?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,241

    Re: My fathers SMP

    Quote Originally Posted by djames2399 View Post
    I feel the same. Can you swap the bezel out with the black one from the 2254/2264?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’m sure you could but black bezel and blue dial would look even worse?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    17

    Re: My fathers SMP

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    I’m sure you could but black bezel and blue dial would look even worse?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is an artists* rendering and I think you may be right




    *artist was me poorly using a photo editor


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mpls Mn
    Posts
    47

    Re: My fathers SMP

    Very nice !

  11. #10
    Member Mouse_at_Large's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    411

    Re: My fathers SMP

    Nothing wrong with the 2255.80 silver bezel imho

    Name:  Smaller Sunny Blue.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  641.4 KB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •