My First Watch - Page 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: My First Watch

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: My First Watch

I own an older SMP, just like the one above in the pic w/ the PO, blue and steel. It was my 'only watch' for like 20 years. I love it, and still wear it.

It still works perfectly and has proven itself to be the perfect watch for nearly anything you want to do. So I'd vote SMP over the other two.

Good luck!
    Casio Men's MDV106-1A - Resurrected, back from the dead on black Nato
    Casio Men's MDV106-1AV (Duro) on N.D. Limits bracelet
    Casio Men's DW6900-1V G-Shock Classic
    Citizen CA0649-06X Eco-Drive Chronograph
    Citizen Promaster Diver BN0151-09L
    Invicta Bronze Pro-Diver on black nato
    Invicta 8926OB Miyota with Glidelock bracelet
    Neymar 41.5mm Gilt diver
    Omega Seamaster 300m 'Bond' Automatic
    Orient Mako XL FEM75005R9 on shark mesh bracelet
    Orient Mako Orange CEM65004M on black and orange nato
    Seiko SNZF17 Sea Urchin on black and red Carrera bracelet
    Timex Quartz Expedition

First one. Especially the previous model would be my pick.

Στάλθηκε από το LM-G810 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

My First Watch

I think the 300m diver looks the most appropriately sized for your wrist. Did you try on the 38mm AT or the 39mm PO? Probably fewer on display, but it may provide some additional food for thought. Some AT (41 and 39) are also offered with rubber or leather straps. Also, based on my experience (and opinion), give careful thought to the thicker offerings—such as a PO—as your first luxury watch. Its height can get in he way of shirt and jacket cuffs, and may be too top heavy. Start with something thinner and more versatile. Move “up” as your tastes, tolerance for different fit, and preferences evolve.
    Last edited by Cappyab; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:19.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The AT imo is one of the best priced GADA watches on today’s market. Also, so many variations that you should be able to find a combination that you like. In the end I depends on your lifestyle.

If you are not a professional diver, then my choice would be the Aqua Terra as an all-round daily watch.
    Viseguy likes this.

Another vote for trying on the 38mm AT. The 41 is not bad but I suspect the smaller one wouLd look better. The 300 doesn‘t look bad either but like others I prefer previous versions, best the old wave dial.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Hager626 View Post
    If you are not a professional diver, then my choice would be the Aqua Terra as an all-round daily watch.
    SMP for me

I've had an older railmaster(similar to an AT), 2 smp's and a PO. PO is Def a little thick. Railmaster was a bit simple. But I do miss my smp-c the most. First smp was the sword hands version and I wore it everyday over 10 years. The smp-c proportions were perfect. Slim to slide under a cuff and looks good dressed up and down. wrist presence was also amazing. I still look for them now and then and I'm sure I'll have another one. So smp gets my vote.

Not gonna buy a Planet Ocean, ever, its just not me.

If its gonna be a one and only watch , AT it is. You can dress it up, down, and anyway around. You can even get those new funky rubber straps to give it a whole different look.

The seamaster is the second option, but I cant live with its bracelet.

Goodluck and do tell which you end up with!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

All great watches but for an all rounder the AT is the watch to have as its a sport watch that can also fit (easily!) under a shirt cuff. Second choice would be the SMP as its the next size up, still versatile but I can't get my head round the bracelet dropping off the case at such an angle. That ruins the SMP for me so I would get it on rubber. The PO is a fantastic watch but its huge and prone to dinging and snagging on things. The Tudor black bay gets a lot of stick for being chunky but the PO is so thick. Its a shame they moved away from the slimmer first gen case in my opinion. Im careful with my watches but I had to move mine on as I just kept banging it on things. I also found it a bit too sparkly in sunlight. Im sure you've tried them all on but if you havent you really need to get these on your wrist before deciding. Best of luck choosing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information