Nato straps look cheap? - Page 3
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Nato straps look cheap?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: Nato straps look cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by ksanders View Post

...something that someone made from an old ratchet strap.
    Precisely, thats the whole point, thats why I love the "shock" of seeing good tool watches (Rolex, Omega &c) on 12$ NATOs.

Another thing about NATOs which makes them interesting for WIS is that they have a story. Any WIS worth his/her salt can make a listeners eyes glaze over with just 10% of the knowledge he has acquired about a particular watch. But the coup-de-grace comes when he is finished telling about his watch and continues: "And then theres the strap, a NATO/G10. I deliberately emphasize the "G10" because purists.....&c &c"

Put another way, if I see a Speedmaster or Rolex Sub on a bracelet in the wild I figure that there is a less-than-one-percent chance that the wearer is a WIS - if I see one on a NATO then there is at least a 50% chance of the wearer being a WIS.
    Harry, Denmark

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." - Gabriel Gudding

Seiko 7549-7010 vintage 300m Tuna / Seiko 6309-7040 vintage 150m diver(s) / Citizen Nighthawk GMT / 1964 Seiko Seikomatic / 1964 Seiko Seikomatic Weekdater

NATO straps are like a religion !!!! :)

ncb

Perhaps to the uninitiated, but I love 'em. Been wearing a black nato, and more recently, this gray nato on my 2254. Even put a black nato onto my AT... worked surprisingly well.

Rotation: Rolex Submariner No Date, Speedmaster Ultraman, Glashütte Original PanomaticLunar

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OzO

i love this thread... i get to see some lovely timepieces on NATO!

its like NATO on demand
    Cheers,
    Mark

Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

I love nato's!
    ::The Rotation::
    Rolex GMT Master IIc . IWC Fliegeruhr Mark XVI . Omega Electric Blue Seamaster x2 (his and hers) . Sinn 657 S . UZI Guardian on Velcro Strap . Casio G-Shock G-7800B-1DR + GW-5000 + GW-7900B + GWX-56GB + F91W + DW-6900MS . Benarus Remora Sapphire Bezel . Fossil Maddox Shrouded Lug Diver . Tag Heuer Formula1 Grande Date . Bernardt Binnacle Anchor . Swiss Legend Conqueror . Citizen Signature Perpetual Diver . Timex Military Expedition T498789J

I love nato's!
    ::The Rotation::
    Rolex GMT Master IIc . IWC Fliegeruhr Mark XVI . Omega Electric Blue Seamaster x2 (his and hers) . Sinn 657 S . UZI Guardian on Velcro Strap . Casio G-Shock G-7800B-1DR + GW-5000 + GW-7900B + GWX-56GB + F91W + DW-6900MS . Benarus Remora Sapphire Bezel . Fossil Maddox Shrouded Lug Diver . Tag Heuer Formula1 Grande Date . Bernardt Binnacle Anchor . Swiss Legend Conqueror . Citizen Signature Perpetual Diver . Timex Military Expedition T498789J

OzO

if by cheap, you mean "awesome", then yes!

Hector, where did you get those NATO straps that have the rounded loops?
    Cheers,
    Mark

Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

Quote Originally Posted by Edtv View Post
    I love Nato's , especially the ones made by Maratac. They are super comfortable.
    I put one on my PO because i wanted it as a daily watch and the bracelet is just a bit too dressy for my taste.
    The only thing i don't like is when they get wet they tend to feel like wearing a wet t-shirt and take some time to dry.

How can you not like em..the PO looks great on this NATO
    Don't worry..be happy
    Omega 2254.50.00
    Omega 2538 "Great White"
    Submariner 16610 LV
    Omega 321.13.44.50.01.001
    Omega 231.10.42.21.01.001

Quote Originally Posted by Harry, Denmark View Post
    Precisely, thats the whole point, thats why I love the "shock" of seeing good tool watches (Rolex, Omega &c) on 12$ NATOs.

Another thing about NATOs which makes them interesting for WIS is that they have a story. Any WIS worth his/her salt can make a listeners eyes glaze over with just 10% of the knowledge he has acquired about a particular watch. But the coup-de-grace comes when he is finished telling about his watch and continues: "And then theres the strap, a NATO/G10. I deliberately emphasize the "G10" because purists.....&c &c"

Put another way, if I see a Speedmaster or Rolex Sub on a bracelet in the wild I figure that there is a less-than-one-percent chance that the wearer is a WIS - if I see one on a NATO then there is at least a 50% chance of the wearer being a WIS.
    Ok, I don't get the fascination with NATO straps either, BUT I'm willing to give it a stab. Admittedly I don't know that G10 means, or &c, but if someone could point me in the direction of a good place to buy the "quintessential" NATO strap, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

P.S. The one on the Seiko looks pretty nice.
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

Cheap ..... but who cares:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information