Need an explanation as to why an AD gets the new 8800 SMP (2018) before the boutique

Thread: Need an explanation as to why an AD gets the new 8800 SMP (2018) before the boutique

Need an explanation as to why an AD gets the new 8800 SMP (2018) before the boutique

Why or how is it that Omega wants to do away with AD's (to my understanding) and yet the AD's are getting the 2018 SMP models before a boutique. My OB in Pittsburgh is still waiting for their first one's but yet AD's are getting them. I just don't understand the logic or lack of.
    Apple Watch series 4
    Zelos Blue Swordfish

Re: Need an explanation as to why an AD gets the new 8800 SMP (2018) before the boutique

'cause it's all just marketing strategy and we're not in the secret of the Gods?

Re: Need an explanation as to why an AD gets the new 8800 SMP (2018) before the boutique

...because the ones the boutiques are getting have already been sold.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you're a serious buyer and put down your deposit, I suspect your 8800 SMP will arrive at the OB Pgh. quickly enough. When I was there two weeks ago from today, I was told (and shown a photo to confirm) that at least one SMP 8800 that was pre-ordered had arrived and been picked up by the customer. If you're just curious to check one out, I suppose that you will be able to do so very soon once pre-orders have been satisfied for the most part. Also, the Pgh. OB was scheduled for yearly inventory a little less than two weeks ago as well. To accommodate this inconvenient, yet necessary, function there was a 2 week period of inventory freeze for all but the most critical incoming stock. Once the inventory results are reconciled, if they haven't been already, and the window for new stock arrival re-opens, if it hasn't already, maybe there will be some examples on display for viewing and purchase.
    Last edited by qa_ii; September 29th, 2018 at 00:48.

Nailed it. Pre-orders. Gotta drop the coin to be special.

Thread Information