WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Need help(old omega watch)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  junax 
#1 ·
Good Day to all the members of the forum.

my grand father gave me this old watch. i think its an omega constellation chronometer watch.:think: my problem is the original strap is missing and its stop running for about 30 years ago. my question are:

1. what model and what year this watch is? :-s
2. is it solid gold? :-s
3. is it an automatic watch or is it run by battery? :-s
4. how much will i spent to repair it? :-s
5. it is worth keeping? :-s

i need all your expert advice.

See less See more
#2 ·
You have an OMEGA Constellation Electronic f 300, powered by a cal 1250 tuning fork movement....almost identical with its Bulova counterpart. It is an electro-mechanical movement with 12 jewels.

The case is probably rolled gold and is similar to the earlier C cases. The case ref is probably along the lines of 198.007

Quite early in the scheme of things - probably around 1972-4.

Can it be fixed - yes. There are some repairers besotted with the early tuning fork movements and they are highly skilful in fixing them. I dont know any offhand from your neck of the woods, but other members will be able to tell you.

I'm not sure if values are permitted on this forum....but it certainly has sentimental value: that is, if you liked your Grandfather :)

These early transition watches, in my opinion, will become more collectible and sought-after as time goes on. Already there is a vigorous trade in them....but if I were you I would keep it and get it fixed by an Omega electro-boffin :))

Cheers desmond

#4 ·
You have an OMEGA Constellation Electronic f 300, powered by a cal 1250 tuning fork movement....almost identical with its Bulova counterpart. It is an electro-mechanical movement with 12 jewels.

The case is probably rolled gold and is similar to the earlier C cases. The case ref is probably along the lines of 198.007

Quite early in the scheme of things - probably around 1972-4.

Can it be fixed - yes. There are some repairers besotted with the early tuning fork movements and they are highly skilful in fixing them. I dont know any offhand from your neck of the woods, but other members will be able to tell you.

I'm not sure if values are permitted on this forum....but it certainly has sentimental value: that is, if you liked your Grandfather :)

These early transition watches, in my opinion, will become more collectible and sought-after as time goes on. Already there is a vigorous trade in them....but if I were you I would keep it and get it fixed by an Omega electro-boffin :))

Cheers desmond
thank you so much desmond. your info have been a big help.

regarding the rolled gold topic, what is a rolled gold? i also saw a very small mark on the side "SG" what dose that mean?

more power,

junax

#3 ·
1. what model and what year this watch is?
c.a 1970-75
2. is it solid gold?
No it is gold filled. Has been gold on steel the the back of the lugs would have been steel.
3. is it an automatic watch or is it run by battery?
Tuning fork movement made by Bulova and runned on battery
4. how much will i spent to repair it?
Depends 100-150$
5. it is worth keeping?
Absolutely. Nice watch

Per K

#5 ·
1. what model and what year this watch is?
c.a 1970-75
2. is it solid gold?
No it is gold filled. Has been gold on steel the the back of the lugs would have been steel.
3. is it an automatic watch or is it run by battery?
Tuning fork movement made by Bulova and runned on battery
4. how much will i spent to repair it?
Depends 100-150$
5. it is worth keeping?
Absolutely. Nice watch

Per K
Sir Per K,

thank you for the valuable info. may i ask if its is a water proof watch?

more power,

junax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.