WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Need Step-By-Step Instructions and Info / Sending Watch to Omega in Switzerland for Repair

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ZIPPER79 
#1 ·
Good Evening, All:

I have a Speedmaster Pro 3750.50 that is need of some TLC. The watch was dropped a while back, and it has suffered ever since. The stop-watch won't reset, the stop-watch hand has "creep" whenever it is stopped manually. The watch loses 10 minutes a day. It's a real mess that needs attention. I seem to recall seeing posts on this site years ago recommending to avoid the NJ Omega service center and to send watches directly to Switzerland. What must I do to pack up and ship my watch securely to Omega and how do I contact them to inform them of the diagnosis? Once done, how does one follow up with Omega about their receipt of the watch, etc.? As a newcomer, I'm a bit nervous to send off the watch without having some advice from folks who have already gone through the process.

Many thanks,
David

#3 ·
I'd do it myself if I were you, if you go the boutique route, ask for a tracking # so you know it went to Bienne for repair.

You should ask your postal company what shiping option is best, explain the situation, I'll try to find a thread about this I know its here in the forum somewhere on exactly what to do.

#4 ·
You could always contact the manufactory and ask for their procedure for this. Perhaps they might pay for the return costs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.