New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 13
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Is it just me or do the striking white numerals on the bezel make it look cheap? I prefer how the bezel numbers looked on the SMPc... And weren't the bezel markings supposed to be lumed?

Of course Omega could've gone for liquidmetal bezel numbers but they probably wanted to keep the price of the watch low and affordable.
    Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega Seamaster Pro 2220.80.00/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.03.003/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Pepsi/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by pkulak View Post
    Naw, the clasp is centered on the bottom of my wrist, just how I like it. For me, that usually means two fewer links on the 6' side.
    OK, looked off in the photo. I do the same on mine. I always have less links on 6' side.
    Congrats anyway for the watch, I will have to check it out in real life as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pkulak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imranbecks View Post
    Is it just me or do the striking white numerals on the bezel make it look cheap? I prefer how the bezel numbers looked on the SMPc... And weren't the bezel markings supposed to be lumed?

Of course Omega could've gone for liquidmetal bezel numbers but they probably wanted to keep the price of the watch low and affordable.
    Ref the lumed marking on the bezel, it was mentioned by Omega's boss in an interview in Basel but I think he just didn't know what he was talking about

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

100% true. The SMPc bezel is under the radar, and much classier
    TechGuyJ likes this.

The watch looks very expensive in person. Iíve already gotten some compliments, which I very rarely get on any watch. The bezel is very attractive and the contrast makes it more interesting. Iíd say this watch looks more like jewelry in a way, much more flashy than most Omega models. The PO is an awesome watch but is a bit boring to me. The new SMP is a watch you can admire all day long.

That being said, thereís no watch that everyone likes, but pics really donít do this justice so check it out in person.
    TechGuyJ and pkulak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamkb26 View Post
    The watch looks very expensive in person. I’ve already gotten some compliments, which I very rarely get on any watch. The bezel is very attractive and the contrast makes it more interesting. I’d say this watch looks more like jewelry in a way, much more flashy than most Omega models. The PO is an awesome watch but is a bit boring to me. The new SMP is a watch you can admire all day long.

That being said, there’s no watch that everyone likes, but pics really don’t do this justice so check it out in person.
    Funny you said that. I wore my SMP 300 to work today (older one) and I got a lot of compliments and looks. I work in a hospital, and mind you there are a lot of wealthy doctors and surgeons there. Ironically, most people in my area aren't into the whole watch game. But they took notice today :)

I really can't wait to see these in person. I do believe from the pictures that the new SMP is more towards the Jewelry side. But I think it its a good thing. Plus, OMEGA has a golden opportunity here.

Feel free to chime in...but fellas if Omega can cash in with the new SMP it could be a Submariner Killer. Given the fact the Submariners are now going above retail and fluttering with 10k price tag, you're getting a great value and an excellent movement. Not to mention, I've been hearing the grumbling of people complaining about the wait lit on Rolex SS watches. And the grumblings will have a boiling point. In my area, there is 5 year waiting list for a Rolex Hulk, 3 year waiting list for a Submariner Date, and 30 people wait list for a Submariner No date with no time window.

Not saying that Omega will Conquer Rolex but you get the concept.
    TechGuyJ, pkulak, WiZARD7 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bber45 View Post
    Funny you said that. I wore my SMP 300 to work today (older one) and I got a lot of compliments and looks. I work in a hospital, and mind you there are a lot of wealthy doctors and surgeons there. Ironically, most people in my area aren't into the whole watch game. But they took notice today :)

I really can't wait to see these in person. I do believe from the pictures that the new SMP is more towards the Jewelry side. But I think it its a good thing. Plus, OMEGA has a golden opportunity here.

Feel free to chime in...but fellas if Omega can cash in with the new SMP it could be a Submariner Killer. Given the fact the Submariners are now going above retail and fluttering with 10k price tag, you're getting a great value and an excellent movement. Not to mention, I've been hearing the grumbling of people complaining about the wait lit on Rolex SS watches. And the grumblings will have a boiling point. In my area, there is 5 year waiting list for a Rolex Hulk, 3 year waiting list for a Submariner Date, and 30 people wait list for a Submariner No date with no time window.

Funny, I work in a hospital too!

Iíve never been huge Rolex fan. Theyíre obviously awesome watches but the looks donít do much for me. I feel likes itís more of a name and reputation/prestige thing. New SMP is 100x more interesting to look at. My grey dial changes so much in the light, canít see it all in the jewelry store lights.

Time will tell if it actually does anything to Rolex sales/demand. Doesnít seem like anything can sway people away.
    pkulak and bber45 like this.

New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by bber45 View Post
    Funny you said that. I wore my SMP 300 to work today (older one) and I got a lot of compliments and looks. I work in a hospital, and mind you there are a lot of wealthy doctors and surgeons there. Ironically, most people in my area aren't into the whole watch game. But they took notice today

This is very true. Iíve been on the wait list for a BLNR for about 6 months now. All the local Rolex ADs donít even have a standard GMT in right now, and have no idea when they will get them. Iím starting to wonder if this is either a marketing ploy by Rolex, which Iím not sure makes any sense since they already make, and sell, ~1M watches a year; or if they are having supply chain issues. Which I think is more likely since they make their own metals.

Either way, I am still on the wait list, but have already decided to double-down on Omega. The SMPc I picked up I absolutely adore. Iíve actually slept with it on. Never done that with a ďrealĒ watch on before (only my Suuntos when I was in the field or deployed).

ďIt is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.Ē

Antoine de Saint-Exupťry, The Little Prince

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyJ View Post
    This is very true. I’ve been on the wait list for a BLNR for about 6 months now. All the local Rolex ADs don’t even have a standard GMT in right now, and have no idea when they will get them. I’m starting to wonder if this is either a marketing ploy by Rolex, which I’m not sure makes any sense since they already make, and sell, ~1M watches a year; or if they are having supply chain issues. Which I think is more likely since they make their own metals.

Either way, I am still on the wait list, but have already decided to double-down on Omega. The SMPc I picked up with I absolutely adore. I’ve actually slept with it on. Never done that with a “real” watch on before (only my Suuntos when I was in the field or deployed).

This is a manufactured slow rollout by Rolex. Creates demand and a feeling of exclusivity...even though millions are sold

No, it's not just you. I think it's human nature for owners of an older version of some product to find fault with the newer version. Happens all the time with Omega (the 2500 AT owners, for example, hated the vertical teak dial, the vertical teak owners hate the horizontal planks, and so on). In my view, there's no need to work so hard to justify your purchase. The SMPc is a cool watch. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteMustard View Post
    100% true. The SMPc bezel is under the radar, and much classier
    I think this is supposed to read 100% opinion, but it's all good. Again, the prior generation SMPc is a cool watch; however, I would pick the new one 100 times out of 100, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Name:  sept 8e.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  174.1 KB

Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information