New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 16
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Digging all the pics. Keep them coming.
    Instagram: The Watch TourWrist (Follow Me)
    https://www.instagram.com/watch_tourwrist/

Loving how that grey looks! Now if only the helium valve was castrated.....
    solesman likes this.
    Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega Seamaster Pro 2220.80.00/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.03.003/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Pepsi/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Love all the pics. Very tempted to go with this over my PO LM LE 2500. It just feels a bit heavy and slightly big on my wrist.

Can anyone comment on the lug to lug of the SMP 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyJ View Post
    This is very true. I’ve been on the wait list for a BLNR for about 6 months now. All the local Rolex ADs don’t even have a standard GMT in right now, and have no idea when they will get them. I’m starting to wonder if this is either a marketing ploy by Rolex, which I’m not sure makes any sense since they already make, and sell, ~1M watches a year; or if they are having supply chain issues. Which I think is more likely since they make their own metals.

Either way, I am still on the wait list, but have already decided to double-down on Omega. The SMPc I picked up I absolutely adore. I’ve actually slept with it on. Never done that with a “real” watch on before (only my Suuntos when I was in the field or deployed).

Yeah same here....I have family from Switzerland (I'm part Swiss) and Rolex is like meh there same as Omega. But my family will be the first to tell how over rated and Hyped Rolex is here in the States. At the end of the day it's still a Mid Tier Watch. Yet the hype, Rolex's marketing machine, etc, make Rolex the pinnacle of watches in the US. Thankfully, they can see all that. In the CH Rolex is a plenty. By the way, Swiss think top tier Watches are Patek Phillip, AP, VC, etc...

I do own three Rolex Watches. Most likely I'll be selling two of them since they prices are so juicy and I will be making out like a bandit
    TechGuyJ likes this.

New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by bber45 View Post
    Yeah same here....I have family from Switzerland (I'm part Swiss) and Rolex is like meh there same as Omega. But my family will be the first to tell how over rated and Hyped Rolex is here in the States. At the end of the day it's still a Mid Tier Watch. Yet the hype, Rolex's marketing machine, etc, make Rolex the pinnacle of watches in the US. Thankfully, they can see all that. In the CH Rolex is a plenty. By the way, Swiss think top tier Watches are Patek Phillip, AP, VC, etc...

I do own three Rolex Watches. Most likely I'll be selling two of them since they prices are so juicy and I will be making out like a bandit
    This. Rolex = Omega from my experience. Yes, the make their own metals, blah blah marketing blah. Does that automatically mean their alloy is better? No.

That’s because Patek, AP, VC, (maybe IWC) ARE top tier. Or at least higher than Rolex and Omega. Once you get to that level you get to the one-off bespoke pieces by the world renown watchmakers who spend 15 months working on your one piece.

I digress... anyway, I will likely own a Rolex at some point. Only for the reason that it will be recognized in the right business circles. As for watches I buy because I love them, it’s Omega & IWC for me.

WiZARD7 and bber45 like this.
    “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

As mentioned before, available now in Melbourne CBD OB. They have black, blue and grey dial on display, but the black and blue already have deposit down for them.

This feels like an expensive watch, more jewel like, and very shiny in showroom lighting. Bezel has a nice click, with very little play. The watch feels more chunky than the last generation, but still thin enough for me. The rubber strap is really nice though, very supple and well made, and retails for $330 AUD + $70 AUD for the tang buckle.

I'll probably wait for an AD to have them in stock for some discount, but I'm seriously considering a blue dial on bracelet and getting rubber strap as an extra. Cross shopping this with the Pelagos blue, which is cheaper, but more toolish and wears bigger on the wrist.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    bber45 and hugof3C like this.

Does the bracelet not taper?

Went to the Omega Boutique today and tried the new Seamasters, and boy these models grow on you..

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Leonine, bber45 and risturm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nhlducks35 View Post
    Does the bracelet not taper?
    It does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidanm View Post
    Can anyone comment on the lug to lug of the SMP 2018?
    49mm

Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information