New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 18
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by Leonine View Post
    I wish they had also kept the applied logo from the SMPc. At certain angles in lighting, the logo (and bottom writing) get lost and the waves are strangely disrupted.
    This is an effect shown only in pictures; by seeing the watch in real life, with binocular vision, and in movement (so with light hitting the dial from different angles quite simultaneously, because you can move the watch, your head, or both), you can easily spot the logo (the brain create a tridimensional image of the watch with all the informations coming from the eyes while you are watching it).
    I don't know if I'm getting through.
    mastamuffin likes this.

If only I had binocular vision and tridimensional image.
    Instagram: The Watch TourWrist (Follow Me)
    https://www.instagram.com/watch_tourwrist/

I put in a preorder for the blue on bracelet at Toppers and was told delivery could be made around the end of September.
    -Tudor BB58 - Sinn 856 UTC - Seiko 7548-700F -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bber45 View Post
    Yeah same here....I have family from Switzerland (I'm part Swiss) and Rolex is like meh there same as Omega. But my family will be the first to tell how over rated and Hyped Rolex is here in the States. At the end of the day it's still a Mid Tier Watch. Yet the hype, Rolex's marketing machine, etc, make Rolex the pinnacle of watches in the US. Thankfully, they can see all that. In the CH Rolex is a plenty. By the way, Swiss think top tier Watches are Patek Phillip, AP, VC, etc...

I do own three Rolex Watches. Most likely I'll be selling two of them since they prices are so juicy and I will be making out like a bandit
    Yup. Most of us here know that but to the masses Rolex has convinced the world they are the watch to own. Remarkable marketing really.

I tell people all the time it’s a mid tier luxury brand not anything close to the best.
    RedarT and bber45 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyJ View Post
    I have my eye on the Portuguese 7 day blue dial. Such a STUNNING piece. And I actually like that such a magnificent watch flies under the radar until another WIS sees it. I’m actually thinking I may sell/trade my Breitling Colt & Mark XVIII LPP to fund it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I had that watch I would wear is backwards to stare at the movement all day. Who cares about the time :)

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteMustard View Post
    If I had that watch I would wear is backwards to stare at the movement all day. Who cares about the time :)

I know. The movement is as mesmerizing as the dial! You’re not helping my wallet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Quote Originally Posted by pkulak View Post
    I had this strap in a drawer that I bought for another watch. Didn't think the light color and vintage look would work at all, but I love it. I don't know if the bracelet is going to get much time, despite how nice it is.
    Whelp, you've done it. You convinced me. As much as I love the modern look and futuristic design, I was worried it would limit strap options as the shiny ceramic-ness would look horrible with anything besides the bracelet and rubber; that it would look like a bad match with a vintage-y strap or leather because the watch head looks so new and shiny.

BUT, you have proven me otherwise! To me this looks amazing on that strap. 10/10 have been convinced. Would love to see this watch on every strap possible!!!
    pkulak likes this.

I've thought in the past like many others that the HE just needs to go, but once I saw a photoshop edit of one without the HE valve it just didn't seem right...

I don't mind the look of the new conical shape. I feel like it does protrude a bit but if it was any more shallow it would be hard to grip. And even though it's asymmetrical I think if it was shorter it wouldn't compliment the main crown and would throw off the balance. No such thing as a perfect watch but overall don't mind the HE valve here.
    pkulak and TechGuyJ like this.

Excellent. Well done. Post picks when it arrives!

More pix please? Especially of that movement on the back. So safe to say it's another Ceramic/Sapphire Sandwich?

Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information