New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 25
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 ... LastLast

New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames235 View Post
    Guys - I have a problem. I went to my AD again today and they had the new SMP with a rubber bracelet in. I tried it on with the metal bracelet previously and loved it but I think, for every day use, the rubber bracelet is far superior. I know that I'll end up buying the watch with the metal bracelet since it's a much better value, but does anyone know how much the rubber bracelet is?

I think I was reading somewhere that the rubber bracelet was something ridiculous like $600+ and I definitely do not want to pay that. I was hoping it'd be an extra $100 or something so I can have both bracelets.
    I don't think it will be $600+, however that's probably the case for the rubber of the new AT which has additional metal parts.

From memory the rubber on my PO 2500 was about GBP 220 if I remember... 8 years ago. So should be $300 max hopefully or less, but will be more than $100 probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by Picture This View Post
    I can have the sub in two weeks (or now if I decide to buy one from the forums). I have tried both the sub and SMP and decided on the SMPc. The sub isn't as hard to obtain as you make it sound. Its in short supply for sure, but not impossible to find.
    I understand there will be people who will choose this over a Sub if they donít yet own a Sub. All I was trying to say is that when the guy in the video calls this watch a ďsub killerĒ itís comical. No dive watch made by any company other than Rolex will ever be a sub killer. Rolex could triple their supply and sell every single one. At MSRP. Omega, conversely, sells their watches all day at 30% off. No one besides WIS are actively shopping the two watches against each other unless itís strictly a matter of budget.

I also own an older model seamaster and love it

Quote Originally Posted by InFlames235 View Post
    Guys - I have a problem. I went to my AD again today and they had the new SMP with a rubber bracelet in. I tried it on with the metal bracelet previously and loved it but I think, for every day use, the rubber bracelet is far superior. I know that I'll end up buying the watch with the metal bracelet since it's a much better value, but does anyone know how much the rubber bracelet is?

I think I was reading somewhere that the rubber bracelet was something ridiculous like $600+ and I definitely do not want to pay that. I was hoping it'd be an extra $100 or something so I can have both bracelets.
    Here in Australia, I was quoted $400 AUD for the rubber strap ($330 for the strap + $70 for the tang buckle), which is less than $300 USD at the current exchange rate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    I understand there will be people who will choose this over a Sub if they donít yet own a Sub. All I was trying to say is that when the guy in the video calls this watch a ďsub killerĒ itís comical. No dive watch made by any company other than Rolex will ever be a sub killer. Rolex could triple their supply and sell every single one. At MSRP. Omega, conversely, sells their watches all day at 30% off. No one besides WIS are actively shopping the two watches against each other unless itís strictly a matter of budget.

I also own an older model seamaster and love it
    Why would you say no one besides WIS will be shopping the two watches against each other? Are you implying that non WIS only looks at Rolex and nothing else? I find it interesting that posts on WUS often suggest that non WIS always go for Rolex, and yet Omega isn't far behind Rolex in yearly production, which begs the question, who's actually buy all the Omegas?

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Why would you say no one besides WIS will be shopping the two watches against each other? Are you implying that non WIS only looks at Rolex and nothing else? I find it interesting that posts on WUS often suggest that non WIS always go for Rolex, and yet Omega isn't far behind Rolex in yearly production, which begs the question, who's actually buy all the Omegas?
    Iím saying this watch is no sub killer. And yes, non-wis only want a rolex if they are spending thousands on a watch. Everyone has heard of rolex, hardly anyone knows what omega is. The average person buys an omega because they donít want to shell out $$$ for a rolex

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    Iím saying this watch is no sub killer. And yes, non-wis only want a rolex if they are spending thousands on a watch. Everyone has heard of rolex, hardly anyone knows what omega is. The average person buys an omega because they donít want to shell out $$$ for a rolex
    I wonder if there are regional differences, I see plenty of non WIS with Omega here in Australia, whereas Rolex seems to mostly be bought by Asian tourists.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wonder if there are regional differences, I see plenty of non WIS with Omega here in Australia, whereas Rolex seems to mostly be bought by Asian tourists.

Possibly, I live in the US (in a decent sized metro area) and can count on one hand the amount of omegas Iíve seen out in the wild

Same here (I am in Sydney). On the other hand I was in Singapore a few weeks ago and 70% of the people in the street who are wearing a watch wear a rolex. Almost 90% of males wearing a watch wear a sub...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Americans and asians are obsessed with rolex
    You will see more omega here in Australia cheaper and assessable

Oy, this has turned into another omega vs rolex thread.
    Paulsky and Jack1775 like this.
    Instagram: The Watch TourWrist (Follow Me)
    https://www.instagram.com/watch_tourwrist/

Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread Information