New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 33
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 784
  1. #321
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    As the thread headline states, when are these pups are going to be available? I would imagine they would have built an inventory and did an initially grand release with a good number of watches vs sending 2-3 to the dealers.

    So this will happen, and I'm on the fence.

    1) money on hand and by a competitor, like...
    2) buy the older model for hundreds less and call it day
    3) wait till the trickle is over and get a slight discount on top.

    So, on number 3 who knows the real release after the teasing is over??
    Dbltap22 likes this.
    One day I can be wearing a TAG, next a Patek or an Omega or a Swatch, ( yes, I have a Sub who doesn't) mood dependent

  2. #322
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53

    Off Topic post Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    Blank
    Last edited by San Ramon; October 7th, 2018 at 17:04. Reason: Double send mistakenly
    One day I can be wearing a TAG, next a Patek or an Omega or a Swatch, ( yes, I have a Sub who doesn't) mood dependent

  3. #323
    mav
    mav is offline
    Member mav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,117

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    Quote Originally Posted by San Ramon View Post
    As the thread headline states, when are these pups are going to be available? I would imagine they would have built an inventory and did an initially grand release with a good number of watches vs sending 2-3 to the dealers.

    So this will happen, and I'm on the fence.

    1) money on hand and by a competitor, like...
    2) buy the older model for hundreds less and call it day
    3) wait till the trickle is over and get a slight discount on top.

    So, on number 3 who knows the real release after the teasing is over??
    They are already out. If you’re in the US, give Topper a call, ask for Rob. Phone number is in the banner above. Their latest update is that most of their pre-orders will be fulfilled in Oct.

    If you must have one now, an Omega Boutique is your best bet but they won’t discount. You might get free tickets to First Man though.
    ♛ Rolex | Ω Omega | IWC | Zenith | Tudor | Seiko
    @aguynamedtommy

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #324
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    Quote Originally Posted by tbensous View Post
    Same here (I am in Sydney). On the other hand I was in Singapore a few weeks ago and 70% of the people in the street who are wearing a watch wear a rolex. Almost 90% of males wearing a watch wear a sub...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I was in China even the $50 fake sub looked like the $10k sub. I bought 3 and gave them to my friends at work. Yes rolex is synonymous, how boring of a "me to" watch to wear. I stopped wearing my Sub 10 years back because even the driver of the street cleaner in California has one!
    I categorize one that wears a submarine as:

    1) first watch, after his Sieko, a newbie
    2) want to impress
    3) gets a good deal on a sub wears it and thinks of number 4
    4) now he thinks it will get him lay__
    5) he thinks he is a watch aficionado
    6) bottom line, the SMP will never replace the Sub, uninformed people think the Sub is the highest standard, and the majority rules!

    No offense to sub guys, just having some Sunday top of the morning fun. (just saw the Bulgari Octo Finissimo hot under my collar, that's for another forum)
    Last edited by San Ramon; October 7th, 2018 at 21:00.
    One day I can be wearing a TAG, next a Patek or an Omega or a Swatch, ( yes, I have a Sub who doesn't) mood dependent

  6. #325
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    They are already out. If you’re in the US, give Topper a call, ask for Rob. Phone number is in the banner above. Their latest update is that most of their pre-orders will be fulfilled in Oct.

    If you must have one now, an Omega Boutique is your best bet but they won’t discount. You might get free tickets to First Man though.
    Thanks, I'll stop at the boutique in San Francisco and check them out to pick which color, back or blue, then stop at toppers to support my local AD. I was going for blue the last three months, but the black look stunnnnnning!
    One day I can be wearing a TAG, next a Patek or an Omega or a Swatch, ( yes, I have a Sub who doesn't) mood dependent

  7. #326
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    39

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    Couldn't disagree more. I own both the Sub and a SMPc. The sub wasn't my first watch after the seiko. In fact, I purchased it after the SMPc. I actually slightly prefer the looks of the SMP (the ceramic version, not the bigger 2018 with the waves) to the sub and its sexy on a rubber strap. However, when I tried the sub at the dealer, I fell in love with the overall quality of the watch (starting from those precise bezel clicks to the engineering perfection that has gone in). Not that the SMPc is inferior else I would not own it but the sub absolutely sets the reference for me. I feel blessed to own both these amazing timepieces.

    There is no good deal on a new sub BTW. I waited 4 months and paid retail. I have not seen a fake sub that I can't spot a mile away. Its a 9k watch and I haven't seen street cleaners in California wear one, let alone their drivers



    Quote Originally Posted by San Ramon View Post
    When I was in China even the $50 fake sub looked like the $10k sub. I bought 3 and gave them to my friends at work. Yes rolex is synonymous, how boring of a "me to" watch to wear. I stopped wearing my Sub 10 years back because even the driver of the street cleaner in California has one!
    I categorize one that wears a submarine as:

    1) first watch, after his Sieko, a newbie
    2) want to impress
    3) gets a good deal on a sub wears it and thinks of number 4
    4) now he thinks it will get him lay__
    5) he thinks he is a watch aficionado
    6) bottom line, the SMP will never replace the Sub, uninformed people think the Sub is the highest standard, and the majority rules!

    No offense to sub guys, just having some Sunday top of the morning fun. (just saw the Bulgari Octo Finissimo hot under my collar, that's for another thead)
    J C likes this.

  8. #327
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    39

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    Sorry double post

  9. #328
    Member Jay MT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    346

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    I pretty sure making six offensive statements followed by "No offense to sub guys" = trolling at its finest.
    Picture This and solesman like this.
    -Tudor BB58 - Sinn 856 UTC - Seiko 7548-700F -

  10. #329
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    Double tap
    Last edited by San Ramon; October 8th, 2018 at 01:55.
    One day I can be wearing a TAG, next a Patek or an Omega or a Swatch, ( yes, I have a Sub who doesn't) mood dependent

  11. #330
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53

    Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

    Quote Originally Posted by Picture This View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. I own both the Sub and a SMPc. The sub wasn't my first watch after the seiko. In fact, I purchased it after the SMPc. I actually slightly prefer the looks of the SMP (the ceramic version, not the bigger 2018 with the waves) to the sub and its sexy on a rubber strap. However, when I tried the sub at the dealer, I fell in love with the overall quality of the watch (starting from those precise bezel clicks to the engineering perfection that has gone in). Not that the SMPc is inferior else I would not own it but the sub absolutely sets the reference for me. I feel blessed to own both these amazing timepieces.

    There is no good deal on a new sub BTW. I waited 4 months and paid retail. I have not seen a fake sub that I can't spot a mile away. Its a 9k watch and I haven't seen street cleaners in California wear one, let alone their drivers
    The tread I responded to, it said 70% of male in Singapore, it does include street cleaning drivers I hope . The sub is a fine, nice, good looking icon, fine machine, etc. But, the Sub is so common as Loius Viton bags and women. What I'm saying, a real collector gets it for a collection, I have two subs and keeping them till the price is so inflated I can't stand it and sell them. BTW I think that new SMP is going to kick ass in quality for the money but it will never be as sought after as a Sub. No offence to the SMP guys.
    One day I can be wearing a TAG, next a Patek or an Omega or a Swatch, ( yes, I have a Sub who doesn't) mood dependent

Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. My New Alpha Seamaster Arrived In The Mail This Afternoon!
      By Tom Wilson in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: February 6th, 2016, 23:33
    2. Replies: 96
      Last Post: March 18th, 2014, 08:26
    3. Look what arrived in the post this morning.
      By graybabs in forum Omega
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: May 24th, 2009, 03:36
    4. new arrivals joined the lineup this week.
      By pcworks in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: September 22nd, 2007, 02:32
    5. Replies: 3
      Last Post: March 10th, 2006, 14:39

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •