New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 36
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Where did you get this strap??
    Quote Originally Posted by pkulak View Post
    I had this strap in a drawer that I bought for another watch. Didn't think the light color and vintage look would work at all, but I love it. I don't know if the bracelet is going to get much time, despite how nice it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajmercado View Post
    Where did you get this strap??
    Quote Originally Posted by pkulak View Post
    I had this strap in a drawer that I bought for another watch. Didn't think the light color and vintage look would work at all, but I love it. I don't know if the bracelet is going to get much time, despite how nice it is.
    Two-Stitch Straps. Highly recommend.

When the first new SMPs were unveiled, I wasn’t that impressed. Wasn’t a fan of the Omega logo being painted on and the waves just looked a bit strange. But now, after seeing so many photos of it in person, I have to say it’s gorgeous. The stock photos Omega released don’t do the watch justice. I still prefer my SMPc, but the new SMPs are beautiful. The exposed caseback and improved movement are awesome additions.

The seamaster pro will always be a great bang for your buck watch that can hang with the best of them.
    ajbutler13 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by noleblooded View Post
    When the first new SMPs were unveiled, I wasn’t that impressed. Wasn’t a fan of the Omega logo being painted on and the waves just looked a bit strange. But now, after seeing so many photos of it in person, I have to say it’s gorgeous. The stock photos Omega released don’t do the watch justice. I still prefer my SMPc, but the new SMPs are beautiful. The exposed caseback and improved movement are awesome additions.

The seamaster pro will always be a great bang for your buck watch that can hang with the best of them.
    I was initially 50/50 as well. I would've preferred an implied logo versus painted, I was iffy about the waves, I would've preferred the Seamaster logo case back instead of the display back, and I wish the blue was slightly darker. However, I still think the watch is beautiful, and it will most likely be my next big watch purchase. I'm still leaning towards the black on rubber. I might be in the minority that was never fond of the Seamaster bracelet. I like that the hour markers are slightly bigger than the previous model and of course that it now has a METAs certified movement. The waves have grown on me as well, but I would have preferred "finer" waves. All in all, I still give this watch a 9/10 aesthetically. Some minor nit picky things mentioned above would've made it a grand slam for me.

Also, is it inappropriate to ask how much people are paying from an AD? I understand that YMMV, but I'd like to gauge what the current market is like and if/when it might sway.
    ajbutler13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by njavier03 View Post
    Also, is it inappropriate to ask how much people are paying from an AD? I understand that YMMV, but I'd like to gauge what the current market is like and if/when it might sway.
    I don't think it's inappropriate, but I know that I'm uncomfortable sharing that info on a forum. Not sure if you're in the US, but if so, give Topper a call and they will take good care of you.
    njavier03 and 1165dvd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbutler13 View Post
    I don't think it's inappropriate, but I know that I'm uncomfortable sharing that info on a forum. Not sure if you're in the US, but if so, give Topper a call and they will take good care of you.
    +1
    -Tudor BB58 - Sinn 856 UTC - Seiko 7548-700F -

Was always a sucker for the SMP so when they announced the new ones it was only a matter of time. I think the new two-tone watches are real classy so I just had to! Got a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG602 View Post
    Was always a sucker for the SMP so when they announced the new ones it was only a matter of time. I think the new two-tone watches are real classy so I just had to! Got a great deal.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    I'll admit it. I hated this watch in photos because of the waves. I actually went to my AD and tried this version on. I was very impressed and I'm not a two tone fan. Something about it that just sang to me. The blue one is also nice. I better hide my wallet before something happens.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I was thinking about getting one of these and then buying a steel bracelet separately as I can't afford the model with two tone bracelet.

What do you guys think about this? I've always preferred bracelets to straps, but in this case I'd have more options.

Just save and get the two tone bracelet. It’ll be cheaper in the long run, instead of buying it separately. Having the steel bracelet on the two tone piece would bother me, not sure about you though.

Hit up some people I was pleasantly surprised by the price after looking around.

Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information