New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 37
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by njavier03 View Post
    Also, is it inappropriate to ask how much people are paying from an AD? I understand that YMMV, but I'd like to gauge what the current market is like and if/when it might sway.
    I bought from an AD in Los Angeles, California and I got an amazing deal. I was also able to get a great quote from an AD in Florida (Exquisite Timepieces), which I used to negotiate when I purchased in in-person in CA.

I’ve also heard of many other people getting price considerations with this model. Remember, unless you’re going for the LE tantalum model, these are not LE pieces. Sure they might be limited numbers trickling down to ADs slowly, but eventually they will probably be a pretty common watch to see at any AD. I also think if you are honest and willing to pay cash many AD’s will work with you. Try not to let them make you feel like they’re the ones doing you a favor letting you buy one, you’re the one with the money and the purchasing power (this can’t be said about Rolex however ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    njavier03 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulvandyk View Post
    I was thinking about getting one of these and then buying a steel bracelet separately as I can't afford the model with two tone bracelet.

What do you guys think about this? I've always preferred bracelets to straps, but in this case I'd have more options.
    Always buy a watch on a bracelet. I wouldn't buy the two tone on a bracelet for this model as I think it looks ugly. It looks way better on the rubber but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Jay MT View Post
    +1
    Toppers will hook you up. You won't get better deal out there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Richard

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by paulvandyk View Post
    I was thinking about getting one of these and then buying a steel bracelet separately as I can't afford the model with two tone bracelet.

What do you guys think about this? I've always preferred bracelets to straps, but in this case I'd have more options.
    I think it would look fine, especially if YOU like it. Breitling has configured models with bi-color cases/bezels on all steel bracelets in the past, so it's not an oddity or anything we haven't seen before. In my opinion, there are instances when the omission of the gold on the bracelet gives the piece a desirable "brightness."
    Current Lineup: Breitling Galactic Unitime Sleek T
    Breitling Avenger II Chronograph Omega Seamaster 300M 44MM GMT Chronograph
    Ball Engineer II Chronometer Red Label 43mm Ball Engineer III CarboLIGHT 43mm
    Tissot T-Touch Expert, All Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual AT CB0000-57E
    LUM-TEC Super Combat B4 LUM-TEC M25 Tungsten
    Deep Blue Master 2000 Casio G-Shock Full Metal GMW-B 5000 D-1

Long but very nice and detailed Video of the new SMP 300 by Urban Gentry.

1165dvd likes this.

Seriously beautiful watches thanks for all the pictures. The blue is especially striking. Does anyone have thoughts on how this wears compared to a Planet Ocean 8500 in regards to thickness and weight?

Quote Originally Posted by bber45 View Post
    Long but very nice and detailed Video of the new SMP 300 by Urban Gentry.

He really does a great job in his videos. At the end he asks if the new Seamaster Pro can overtake the Tudor Black Bay in terms of the under $5000.00 diver. I say it's not even close. The Omega hands down. Then he brings up the Sub question, again without giving his opinion. Okay... I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

One thing I learned- the lug to lug increased a significant 3mm. Has me a little worried about the wrist fit of my incoming black dial. The increase in width and height don't bother me much.

Thanks for posting the link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by kmp216 View Post
    Seriously beautiful watches thanks for all the pictures. The blue is especially striking. Does anyone have thoughts on how this wears compared to a Planet Ocean 8500 in regards to thickness and weight?
    I had a PO 8900 43.5mm and the new SMP is smaller, lighter and way more comfortable.
    Within one week of acquiring the SMP, the PO was gone.
    1165dvd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pkulak View Post
    Two-Stitch Straps. Highly recommend.

My mind has been going crazy over getting a strap like this. I think the (suede?) finish gives it a vintage-y feel even though it is a very modern watch. And I love how it kind of tones down the watch as opposed to the bracelet. It makes it fly under the radar a little more which I like. It just looks like the perfect fall strap. How is the stiffness? And how has it broken in or changed from age and wear?

Also, any chance I can bug you for some more pictures of it on that Seamaster? :)

I'm really considering pulling the trigger on it! On the contrary, if you have any other recommendations for leather/suede I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by 1165dvd View Post
    He really does a great job in his videos. At the end he asks if the new Seamaster Pro can overtake the Tudor Black Bay in terms of the under $5000.00 diver. I say it's not even close. The Omega hands down. Then he brings up the Sub question, again without giving his opinion. Okay... I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

One thing I learned- the lug to lug increased a significant 3mm. Has me a little worried about the wrist fit of my incoming black dial. The increase in width and height don't bother me much.

Thanks for posting the link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice review. He still prefers the previous version. Exactly my feeling as well. There is something about the older dial that is so heartwarming to me. YMMV.

Page 37 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread Information