New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 40
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by richterto View Post
    Here's my new blue one I picked up from an AD. They only had the strap version left and I couldn't wait. I'll have to pick up the bracelet separately when it becomes available. Any official word on whether the sapphire is AR coated on either side?

Attachment 13565975
    I own the blue like you but on bracelet. Considering this the the most invisible crystal Iíve seen, and Iíve had double coated sapphires, I would definitely say it is both coated on the outside and the inside.

Iím the opposite of you I got the bracelet and I want to buy the rubber later on. How do you like it? Any cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Which version are you referring too?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LE titanium-tantalum
    One day I can be wearing a TAG, next a Patek or an Omega or a Swatch, ( yes, I have a Sub who doesn't) mood dependent

Quote Originally Posted by damascato View Post
    Tried this one on yesterday at the Sydney Martin Place boutique. A real beauty. Shame ADs don't store it yet, because I'm VERY tempted...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Is this the rose/ Sedna gold? Does it look like regular rose gold? Cant find one here yet? Thanks
    Cpt Canuck likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ajmercado View Post
    I own the blue like you but on bracelet. Considering this the the most invisible crystal I’ve seen, and I’ve had double coated sapphires, I would definitely say it is both coated on the outside and the inside.

I’m the opposite of you I got the bracelet and I want to buy the rubber later on. How do you like it? Any cons?

The rubber strap is great. The color matches well to the watch head. It also fits flush with the case which makes it look like it really belongs there. It's a good texture and soft. Dust and dirt doesn't seem to stick to it so it's so far easy to keep clean. My one con is that since the watch is already a bit big, the strap adds even more to my wrist and makes my shirt cuff slightly tighter than I would like. In the future I'd probably wear it on a bracelet in the office and switch to the strap for casual situations and weekends.

How do you like the bracelet?
    Ajmercado likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by San Ramon View Post
    LE titanium-tantalum
    I can see that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Regards,

Richard

Just a note to the already owners of the 8800. My black SMP I noticed that when I am outside in bright sunlight the face waves sort of turn white'ish. When inside buildings they are grey'ish. Love them waves, at first I thought they are a distraction, but man Omega did an awesome job. I'm not into bling, this watch will be selling like crazy, very modern with heritage. Oh, three days and gained 0 seconds when tested against the atomic clock on a daily bases.
    Last edited by San Ramon; October 17th, 2018 at 15:58.
    One day I can be wearing a TAG, next a Patek or an Omega or a Swatch, ( yes, I have a Sub who doesn't) mood dependent

Quote Originally Posted by San Ramon View Post
    Just a note to the already owners of the 8800. My black SMP I noticed that when I am outside in bright sunlight the face waves sort of turn white'ish. When inside buildings they are grey'ish. Love them waves, at first I thought they are a distraction, but man Omega did an awesome job. I'm not into bling, this watch will be selling like crazy, very modern with heritage. Oh, three days and gained 0 seconds when tested against the atomic clock on a daily bases.
    Mine looses 1.5 spd. Should I be concerned?

New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by richterto View Post
    The rubber strap is great. The color matches well to the watch head. It also fits flush with the case which makes it look like it really belongs there. It's a good texture and soft. Dust and dirt doesn't seem to stick to it so it's so far easy to keep clean. My one con is that since the watch is already a bit big, the strap adds even more to my wrist and makes my shirt cuff slightly tighter than I would like. In the future I'd probably wear it on a bracelet in the office and switch to the strap for casual situations and weekends.

How do you like the bracelet?
    The bracelet is very nice. As Iím sure you know it has a flatter design compared to the original, but I donít mind I like it and it makes it thinner imo versus the more rounded links of the former version. The links are brushed incredibly well, they play with the light so well. The polished center accents are very complimentary to the whole thing, and the bracelet sits nice and flush with the case. Clasp is bigger than the original but I donít notice it very much, the micro adjust is very nice and handy on the fly. Overall feels super solid and great quality! The only thing Iíve noticed recently thatís not a huge deal but kinda odd to me, is that near the clasp the half or quarter links donít have the same little polished center pieces that the normal links have. It wouldíve been nicer to have it fully match all the way to the clasp, but perhaps thereís a structural reason for omitting the polished bits. Either way itís not a big deal and not noticeable unless youíre really scrutinizing, but I just saw it the other day. Please excuse my dirty bracelet with water marks haha

EightEyes and bber45 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by borre View Post
    I don't know but if it does not meet the spec per the manual and METAS of -0/+5 Sec.per day then I would be
    concerned.

"COSC certification guarantees a movement’s accuracy between -4 to +6 seconds per day. METAS takes this significantly further, with the movement as well as function of each watch exposed to magnetic fields over 15,000 gauss and required accuracy of between 0 and +5 seconds per day in a series of varying positions and extreme temperatures. Needless to say, METAS certification is far more rigorous than COSC when it comes to accuracy"

Quote Originally Posted by borre View Post
    On it's face that is slightly out of METAS spec, but without more info it's hard to come to any conclusions - and even then it would be hard for people here to come to a conclusion.

The number of hours you're wearing it per day, the amount of activity while wearing it, the most frequent resting position while on your wrist, and the position you leave it resting while off your wrist all come into play. I mean, I'd hope that as long as it's relatively wound it would be within METAS spec, but it might be worth a tiny bit of experimentation on your part -

If you are wearing it a decent amount each day so you're confident it's wound somewhere between 50-100% (METAS tests at 30%, but giving a little leeway) most of the time, have you tried resting it in different positions at night and seeing if there's a difference? Crown up, crown down, dial up, etc? There's always a decent chance that there's a resting position that will cause it to run faster overnight than others which could result in something well within spec.

It's not perfect, but -1.5 per day would be considered great on almost any other watch including almost any COSC, so if resting position and hours-worn-per-day solves the problem, there's a chance everything is kosher. Worth a try.
    OmegaSMPMan and 1165dvd like this.

Page 40 of 79 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information