New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 45
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

We need some side by side with old version, how much more they charging for new to old anybody know?

My black and sedna rose gold two tone Seamaster is inbound next week.
    Cybotron and zuiko like this.

I really need to stop going to the Omega Boutique, because each time I do I get closer to leaving with one of these.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I recently picked one up from an AD – blue dial with the stainless steel bracelet. Some thoughts.

The dial may be the most gorgeous dial I’ve seen. The etched “waves” are brilliant. I constantly catch myself staring at it and rotating my wrist to see the light play off of it at different angles. Absolutely mesmerizing. I like they ditched the applied logo – would have been too much with the etching – and the hint of red really pops. The symmetry fiend in me loves that they moved the date window to 6 o’clock. Also for some reason I can’t explain, I always thought previous SMPc bracelet looked too “90’s” – to me the subtle updates look much more sleek and modern.

That’s not to say I don’t have a few gripes. While I don’t necessarily have a problem with the 42mm case size, I’d prefer it to be slightly smaller, 40-41mm. I also agree the He valve too obnoxiously large. Lastly, and what ultimately bugs me the most, I wish the bracelet tapered like the PO bracelet. Looks much nicer on the wrist and would alleviate some weight from the clasp.

All in, I think it’s an iconic update to the SMP. Very happy with my purchase.

Name:  IMG_20181031_101729.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  2.82 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kmp216 View Post
    I recently picked one up from an AD – blue dial with the stainless steel bracelet. Some thoughts.

The dial may be the most gorgeous dial I’ve seen. The etched “waves” are brilliant. I constantly catch myself staring at it and rotating my wrist to see the light play off of it at different angles. Absolutely mesmerizing. I like they ditched the applied logo – would have been too much with the etching – and the hint of red really pops. The symmetry fiend in me loves that they moved the date window to 6 o’clock. Also for some reason I can’t explain, I always thought previous SMPc bracelet looked too “90’s” – to me the subtle updates look much more sleek and modern.

That’s not to say I don’t have a few gripes. While I don’t necessarily have a problem with the 42mm case size, I’d prefer it to be slightly smaller, 40-41mm. I also agree the He valve too obnoxiously large. Lastly, and what ultimately bugs me the most, I wish the bracelet tapered like the PO bracelet. Looks much nicer on the wrist and would alleviate some weight from the clasp.

Very nice. More wrist shots please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tbensous View Post
    Very nice. More wrist shots please

Thanks! I can get some more this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by kmp216 View Post

I too have the blue on bracelet model. My thoughts on your gripes:

I agree it would’ve been perhaps better at 40-41mm, don’t know why it really needs to be increased considering the 39.5mm PO has the same exact movement.

HE valve is large and some don’t like the shape, though to be completely honest I don’t even realize it’s there 99.9% of the time. I’m so mesmerized by the dial and lovely case finishing that I couldn’t care less about the HE valve, it just sits in my peripheral vision to be honest. No harm no foul.

About the non-tapering bracelet, I agree 100%. I really wish they did this. It would be so nice and elegant. However, I know the original doesn’t taper so perhaps it’s for that reason they didn’t do it here? Also, tapering the bracelet could make the watch head appear even larger...just a thought. I love the bracelet and clasp but tapering would’ve been cool.

None are deal breakers for me....I mean, obviously I bought the watch I’ve already taken a bath in the depreciation and my clasp is all types of scratched from hardcore desk diving! There’s no turning back now. But then again, if there was a chance at turning back I wouldn’t have swiped my card Enjoy your blue-tiful watch just as I am!

OmegaSMPMan and kmp216 like this.

This is my favorite by far. The grey dial with blue bezel just pops. Congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmansa View Post
    Attachment 13599189

My choice and couldn’t be happier. Saw it in the flesh and blew me away.
    Not better than the blue/black counterparts just different.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

All these pics are making the wait much harder! This will be my first ever luxury watch, and my "goal" watch ever since I watched Goldeneye at 13 years old. It got delayed out of October but am being told that it's guaranteed to be in this month. Can't wait to get it!

I just picked up a black SMP on a bracelet on Tuesday. My first luxury piece and will be my only watch for a long time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/QlpbeHt

Still monitoring the accuracy of mine. It seems to be running just a hair slow. I’m hoping this evens out within a week or so as I really don’t want to have to send it in to get regulated within specs.

Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information