New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 50
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Hello there! My wrists are about 6.5Ē, a little on the small side. If you can tell from the comparison pic, itís incredibly similar and wears just like a Seiko SKX does, from the width to the lug-to-lug to the thickness, very similar throughout.

I also have to note, in my opinion pictures make the Seamaster look much bigger than it really is in person. It kind of has a bubble-lens effect and makes it look larger, whereas in reality itís not as big seeing it with your own eyes as compared to a picture.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bber45 and armandob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ck13 View Post
    ^^^^that looks awesome!
    Thank you!!

Yep definitely a 'bubble lens' effect when taking wrist shots, it wears incredibly well and i often forget its on the wrist. I wanted to get your opinion on the bracelet? i've been thinking of picking one up for mine (stainless steel instead of two tone) down the road to alternate with the rubber. Hows the heft? and comfort level?.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ajmercado View Post

Hello there! My wrists are about 6.5Ē, a little on the small side. If you can tell from the comparison pic, itís incredibly similar and wears just like a Seiko SKX does, from the width to the lug-to-lug to the thickness, very similar throughout.

I also have to note, in my opinion pictures make the Seamaster look much bigger than it really is in person. It kind of has a bubble-lens effect and makes it look larger, whereas in reality itís not as big seeing it with your own eyes as compared to a picture.

Thanks! It makes me want one even more. I tend to find my PO2500 XL a little big these days, so I wear my AT more. I have the itch to sell the PO for a new SMP300 diver in blue
    My wrist size is similar to yours. I posted some photos earlier in this post so your photos help a lot. They didn't have the blue on steal when I went to the OB.
    So feel free to post more, Noone will complain. Congrats again

Yep definitely a 'bubble lens' effect when taking wrist shots, it wears incredibly well and i often forget its on the wrist. I wanted to get your opinion on the bracelet? i've been thinking of picking one up for mine (stainless steel instead of two tone) down the road to alternate with the rubber. Hows the heft? and comfort level?.
    The bracelet is very good. The fit and finish is amazing and it definitely feels like solid steel on your wrist and not a chinsy bracelet. The weight is good, not too heavy. The brushing and polishing accents are done very very well. The fit and micro adjustments are very nice and IMO you can definitely get a perfect fit and adjust throughout the day easily if needed. Clasp is very solid and well made. However like others have said, it is slightly bulky. Itís nothing insane and I donít really notice it catching on anything, but since I have a desk job I do sometimes get red marks under my wrist not because itís too tight but because the clasp sits on the desk and my hand weighs down on it over long periods which gives me the marks which are sometimes uncomfortable. Again this is mainly due to my resting position but 99.9% of the time itís super comfy and amazing. Divers extension is a cool plus, and I actually use it every day to make it fit on the watch pillows in my watch box. I think when you hold this thing in person on the bracelet the only thing that comes to mind is quality, solid machining!

ck13 likes this.

The bracelet is very good. The fit and finish is amazing and it definitely feels like solid steel on your wrist and not a chinsy bracelet. The weight is good, not too heavy. The brushing and polishing accents are done very very well. The fit and micro adjustments are very nice and IMO you can definitely get a perfect fit and adjust throughout the day easily if needed. Clasp is very solid and well made. However like others have said, it is slightly bulky. It’s nothing insane and I don’t really notice it catching on anything, but since I have a desk job I do sometimes get red marks under my wrist not because it’s too tight but because the clasp sits on the desk and my hand weighs down on it over long periods which gives me the marks which are sometimes uncomfortable. Again this is mainly due to my resting position but 99.9% of the time it’s super comfy and amazing. Divers extension is a cool plus, and I actually use it every day to make it fit on the watch pillows in my watch box. I think when you hold this thing in person on the bracelet the only thing that comes to mind is quality, solid machining!

Thanks for that great info Ajmercado, yep I am definitely gonna stop by the AD sometime and test it out in the metal. It does look top notch quality. Gonna see how the steel bracelet goes with my two tone.
    Ajmercado likes this.

Hello there! My wrists are about 6.5”, a little on the small side. If you can tell from the comparison pic, it’s incredibly similar and wears just like a Seiko SKX does, from the width to the lug-to-lug to the thickness, very similar throughout.

I also have to note, in my opinion pictures make the Seamaster look much bigger than it really is in person. It kind of has a bubble-lens effect and makes it look larger, whereas in reality it’s not as big seeing it with your own eyes as compared to a picture.

The blue is gorgeous. I never got to see a blue one in the metal when I was picked up my black dialed version.

Just a question... What do you think about the text on "11" on the date?

New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Quote Originally Posted by mcbowflex View Post
    The blue is gorgeous. I never got to see a blue one in the metal when I was picked up my black dialed version.

Just a question... What do you think about the text on "11" on the date?
    Iím sorry what do you mean? Are you asking me how I like the font of the date wheel?

Last edited by Ajmercado; November 13th, 2018 at 07:00.

Thanks for that great info Ajmercado, yep I am definitely gonna stop by the AD sometime and test it out in the metal. It does look top notch quality. Gonna see how the steel bracelet goes with my two tone.
    Youíre gonna make me wish I got the two tone!

Iím sorry what do you mean? Are you asking me how I like the font of the date wheel?

Does the "1" on the right look like it's leaning slightly to the left to you? I've rolled through all 31 days, and only really noticed this on "11". Every other day looks fine to me.

Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information