New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week... - Page 7
Like Tree909Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad 750 View Post
    For any of you in Aus, I hear a handful of these landed in Melbourne Boutiques also... Looking forward to picking up the black with bracelet shortly.
    Thanks for the tip, would that be the one in CBD, or one of the other ones?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Collins Street. I'm not sure about the others
    aalin13 likes this.

Re: New 2018 SMP 8800's are arriving in the US this week...

If Omega kept the same style/size He valve from the SMPc and used it on this model then I’d pick one up in a heartbeat. The hideous He valve on this one ruins the whole watch for me, which is unfortunate since I love everything else about it.

WOuld love to see pictures of the back case!
    Current Rotation:
    Planet Ocean 8900 43.5
    Planet Ocean 2500D 42mm
    Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm

I am so pissed they only made these 42mm? No love for the thin wristed Omega! How about a 36 or 39???

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
    My Omega Boutique in Pittsburgh PA said they are not expecting the watches until November so I guess I’ll have to wait to see them in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'd either check with them again in the next week or two, or call an AD near you. No one was expecting these to start rolling in already - I was told by Omega boutiques in NJ and eastern PA that it would be late September at the earliest, and Rob at Topper quoted me October when I pre-ordered mine. When they showed up this past week, both he and the woman I spoke with to settle my balance were shocked they came in already.

Everyone is surprised at the early deliveries after everyone has been told October/November (POSSIBLY late September) including AD's and boutiques - my guess is you'll be able to find some in Pittsburgh any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by krisrsolebury View Post
    I'd either check with them again in the next week or two, or call an AD near you. No one was expecting these to start rolling in already - I was told by Omega boutiques in NJ and eastern PA that it would be late September at the earliest, and Rob at Topper quoted me October when I pre-ordered mine. When they showed up this past week, both he and the woman I spoke with to settle my balance were shocked they came in already.

Everyone is surprised at the early deliveries after everyone has been told October/November (POSSIBLY late September) including AD's and boutiques - my guess is you'll be able to find some in Pittsburgh any day now.
    I hope so. I just talked to them 2 days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Apple Watch series 4
    Zelos Blue Swordfish

Quote Originally Posted by cerberus63 View Post
    Congratulations, very nice. Looking forward to seeing more pics. Also, would love to hear more about the rubber band in real world use. I love the way it looks.
    So far I really like the rubber strap. Don't get me wrong - in terms of pure economics, it makes more sense to buy the bracelet since there's barely a price difference. I love the way they look on others, but constantly try to tone down my watches to be less "flashy". An old $250 Tissot on a bracelet got more compliments and pointed out more than any other watch I've ever owned, and this new SMP is shiny as hell to begin with - so anything to fly under the radar.

For anyone that does like bracelets, the bracelet and clasp on this are supposed to top notch so absolutely go for it - and it looks great. And of course if you're concerned with resale, it makes more sense to buy the bracelet - It's just my very personal preference that I'm just not a bracelet guy.

anyway -

Make no mistake, this is very much a no-frills basic rubber strap - but it is very comfortable, and well thought out:

- fixed keeper has some kind of metal hidden inside the top to keep it from bending out of shape over time

- floating keeper has a little nub on the inside that you sit inside the last hole on the strap so it doesn't slide around once it's on your wrist

- case integration is perfect; shape and the downward slope to hug the wrist. no surprise, Omega's done that well on rubber straps for a long time.

- the buckle is just a buckle - while of course i'd have preferred a deployant, it's a really nice buckle. Raised logo, interesting shape, finished as well as the watch with combo of brushed surfaces and polished sides - and the tang has a really great shape that both minimizes strap creasing (so far, NO strap creasing), and lets it sit really comfortably under your wrist.

Most of my watches live on leather in cooler weather, phenomenato in the summer. This one will live on the OEM rubber - love the look, and it feels great.
    1165dvd and solesman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by krisrsolebury View Post
    So far I really like the rubber strap. Don't get me wrong - in terms of pure economics, it makes more sense to buy the bracelet since there's barely a price difference. I love the way they look on others, but constantly try to tone down my watches to be less "flashy". An old $250 Tissot on a bracelet got more compliments and pointed out more than any other watch I've ever owned, and this new SMP is shiny as hell to begin with - so anything to fly under the radar.

For anyone that does like bracelets, the bracelet and clasp on this are supposed to top notch so absolutely go for it - and it looks great. And of course if you're concerned with resale, it makes more sense to buy the bracelet - It's just my very personal preference that I'm just not a bracelet guy.

anyway -

Make no mistake, this is very much a no-frills basic rubber strap - but it is very comfortable, and well thought out:

- fixed keeper has some kind of metal hidden inside the top to keep it from bending out of shape over time

- floating keeper has a little nub on the inside that you sit inside the last hole on the strap so it doesn't slide around once it's on your wrist

- case integration is perfect; shape and the downward slope to hug the wrist. no surprise, Omega's done that well on rubber straps for a long time.

- the buckle is just a buckle - while of course i'd have preferred a deployant, it's a really nice buckle. Raised logo, interesting shape, finished as well as the watch with combo of brushed surfaces and polished sides - and the tang has a really great shape that both minimizes strap creasing (so far, NO strap creasing), and lets it sit really comfortably under your wrist.

Most of my watches live on leather in cooler weather, phenomenato in the summer. This one will live on the OEM rubber - love the look, and it feels great.

Pics or this post isn't accurate!!!
    TechGuyJ likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional "Speedy Tuesday" #1
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m (2018)
    Apple Watch - Series 4 - Silver 44mm

Thanks for the description the rubber strap krisrsolebury, appreciate it. My dealer said he would have them in stock in a week or two. I will definitely have to take a look. Love the black but want to see the rest of the colors as well.

Congrats! Could someone please measure the crystal/dial diameter?

Boom...

Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread Information