New 2018 SMP(w) - Page 12
Like Tree745Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP(w)

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP(w)

Wrist shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    boatswain and P7ast1k like this.
    Omega 2018 SMPmc Steel/Black on Bracelet, Seiko SUN045 Kinetic Tuna, Tag Heuer Se/L quartz WG1113-KO, Seiko SHC041 Air Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    These photos aren't helping me. I have always loved the SMP in every iteration. Now they have released this model! Some of the photos in this thread are better than anything Omega release. Im surprised the grey model isn't more popular though as that is the one that caught my eye in the window. My problem (although its hardly a problem) is im constantly trying to reduce my watches to a small collection that I wear in rotation. Ive bought so many watches over the years that I've literally worn for hours. My most recent was a Christopher ward dress watch. I never wear dress watches! but thought it would be nice to wear for smarter occasions. If and when those occasions arise im not going to wear a christopher ward and leave my omega/tudor at home. So that was sold on. Ive finally learned my lesson with "adding to the collection" and now have a few watches that I wear and love. Being fairly active I need a tough watch so the dive watch or variation of, is ideal for me. The new SMP is one of the nicest watches that ive seen for several years. My only struggle now is the blue version is similar to my Tudor Pelagos which is the best watch ive ever owned (which includes Rolex) so that's got to stay. The grey version which is wonderful and a massive variation of the SMPs of various years is close to my grey Aqua terra which is my "dress watch" as its sporty, waterproof and has a wonderful sparkle but the dial is very close to the grey SMP. Ive also got a Tudor black bay which is another great dive watch that has a black (dark grey) dial so im struggling with fitting it into the rotation. There are many things I love about the SMP but if if was going to be harsh toward it, the HE valve is a bit weird and im thinking the bright bezel markings may get a bit tiring over time. Sword hands should have made a comeback too! Thanks for reading. I may be back at some point with photos of my new SMP.
    Go sling one on your wrist (if you can find one). The Reese's HEV just isn't an issue on-wrist.

thx67 likes this.
    Omega 2018 SMPmc Steel/Black on Bracelet, Seiko SUN045 Kinetic Tuna, Tag Heuer Se/L quartz WG1113-KO, Seiko SHC041 Air Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Go sling one on your wrist (if you can find one). The Reese's HEV just isn't an issue on-wrist.
    100% agree. The HEV quickly just becomes a part of the design element. I consider myself primarily a Rolex/Tudor guy, have a Hulk and 'had' a Black Bay Noir and Black Bay 58. The SMPc came in on Sat and iI haven't taken it off since. I'd put this thing right up against the SubC, while it completely blows the Black Bay and Pelagos lines away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hamstur View Post
    100% agree. The HEV quickly just becomes a part of the design element. I consider myself primarily a Rolex/Tudor guy, have a Hulk and 'had' a Black Bay Noir and Black Bay 58. The SMPc came in on Sat and iI haven't taken it off since. I'd put this thing right up against the SubC, while it completely blows the Black Bay and Pelagos lines away.
    For me, the HEV is a bifurcated issue. It's partly a signature marque of the design of the Seamaster, like BMW's kidney grilles, a 911's profile, etc. And it's also a design improvement over the previous generations because it retains 30-50m of water resistance even when un-screwed.

I read that this wasn't because a saturation diver would ever need to operate the HEV while underwater, but because the number one cause of damage to the watch was water ingress from an HEV that somebody forgot to close. And, in that respect, it's no different from a crown that maintains some WR ability when not secured.

Omega really put on a show with this one.

Wow very nice!

BufordTJustice likes this.

For me, the HEV is a bifurcated issue. It's partly a signature marque of the design of the Seamaster, like BMW's kidney grilles, a 911's profile, etc. And it's also a design improvement over the previous generations because it retains 30-50m of water resistance even when un-screwed.

I read that this wasn't because a saturation diver would ever need to operate the HEV while underwater, but because the number one cause of damage to the watch was water ingress from an HEV that somebody forgot to close. And, in that respect, it's no different from a crown that maintains some WR ability when not secured.

Omega really put on a show with this one.
    Fair play though there an argument they’ve introduced an unnecessary structural weakness and then mitigated it!
    BufordTJustice and kangajack like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingGreen II View Post
    Fair play though there an argument they’ve introduced an unnecessary structural weakness and then mitigated it!
    Rolex did the same thing and struggled for years with their "automatic" HEV in the Sub tending to automatically leak without warning. In a luxury diver, the HEV is a feature that many buyers expect.

#seamasterdragmaster

New 2018 SMP(w)

Timing run update:

This is getting crazy. Rolex might be in a bit of a panic if this performance is writ large across the Omega line.

.1 seconds fast per day across 126 hours. Average of 1.1 spd fast over 38.9 days.

And that's while sustaining multiple minor shocks (one series was using a mini sledgehammer while wearing the watch to hammer on some metal). And my workspace in my lab has my left hand hovering directly over an RME Babyface Pro external DAC/volume control, and about six inches from a three pound slug of radial neodymium that is the woofer motor for my active BlueSky Sat6D studio monitors on my desk. All day. Or sitting directly next to the N52 neodymium magnets of HDD's inside servers or workstations while I work on them. It's not lived an easy life. And it's just KILLING IT!!! I'm beyond pleased! From a miniature machine spinning in my wrist!

No watch winders (I don't own one yet). I simply place it dial up on my dresser at night and wear it all day, every day.

Also, it hasn't been hand wound more than once for the entire timing run. Just sensational.

Last edited by BufordTJustice; February 11th, 2019 at 00:33.
    boatswain likes this.

Hi all,

Did not want to create a standalone post so this was perfect place to share my purchase of this, for me, grail piece!

Have been lurking around the omega forums for quite some time, while saving for this, sadly every time I reached the goal figure something always came up that took precedence, like marriage.... new car.... for the wife :O so my dream timepiece had to always be put on hold, but no more!

I have been dreaming about this since a young age of around 8 when I first saw an omega around Mr Bond's wrist in 1995 movie... (my childhood years were spent in eastern Russia.... thus western movies came there slightly later). Anyway, I did nearly pull the trigger in early 2018 on a SMP with black dial, but decided to wait on Basel to see if SMP will get an update and gosh it did!

I know this is not a bond SMP (I will get my hands on a quartz one day), but to me this was years of waiting and made the purchase that little bit special. I always wanted my first omega to be brand new from the store and must say the way I was treated and the whole purchase was fantastic!

Here are some wrist shots, I do wear suits for work and they tend to be blue/grey which makes the watch pop even more hence that was my preferred choice of the new SMP(w).

So far this is my third week of ownership and thus far have not really left my wrist :)

Regards F
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Filski; February 11th, 2019 at 11:47.

Current Collection:

Tissot Couturier Day Date
    Vostok Amfibia Black Sea
    Vostok WUS Project Diver
    Omega 2018 SMP(w) Grey-Blue

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information