New 2018 SMP(w) - Page 16
Like Tree766Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP(w)

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP(w)

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Oh man. Pictures as soon as you get it, please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    BufordTJustice likes this.
    Regards,

Richard

Enjoying mine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mine wears smaller and lighter than a piece of its true size and mass. What are your impressions?

The design seems to veer from complicated to significantly less so depending on the ambient light conditions. It's really fascinating to look at.

I absolutely agree, the 42mm size worried me but those end links drop straight down making it wear smaller-if anyone has doubts, try one on at an AD but realise that you'll probably end up buying it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine wears smaller and lighter than a piece of its true size and mass. What are your impressions?

The design seems to veer from complicated to significantly less so depending on the ambient light conditions. It's really fascinating to look at.

I honestly forget mine is on half the time. I love the interplay of light, wave pattern, ceramic, and dial color.

It's the best watch I have ever owned, giving my Aqua Terra a run for it's money!

Name:  eab67dc538fca931b0a100f8677fec7b.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  94.1 KB
    Last edited by JoeC; February 15th, 2019 at 17:34.
    Omega Aqua Terra Master Co-Axial 8500 - Omega Diver 300M Master Chronometer - Seiko "Samurai" SRPC93

Yes, definitely wears smaller. I'm a lefty, so was worried a bit about the HEV digging into my wrist but in practice it's barely noticeable. Overall quality from dial to bracelet is beyond reproach and I strongly prefer this new bezel arrangement -- they've struck a nice balance between weight and slip, it's a very reassuring haptic feel, and a whole lot of fun to twiddle with. I do think this watch needs to be worn to make sense.
    Last edited by Kirkawall; February 15th, 2019 at 19:36.
    BufordTJustice and Pietros like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietros View Post
    I absolutely agree, the 42mm size worried me but those end links drop straight down making it wear smaller-if anyone has doubts, try one on at an AD but realise that you'll probably end up buying it!
    The end links and the granular adjustment of the bracelet really make fit an exercise in perfection for this watch. I don't see why this clasp doesn't get deployed across the entire Seamaster and Speedmaster line; it's that good.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
    I honestly forget mine is on half the time. I love the interplay of light, wave pattern, ceramic, and dial color.

It's the best watch I have ever owned, giving my Aqua Terra a run for it's money!

Name:  eab67dc538fca931b0a100f8677fec7b.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  94.1 KB
    I've done that. Really, honestly, forgotten that it was on my wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkawall View Post
    Yes, definitely wears smaller. I'm a lefty, so was worried a bit about the HEV digging into my wrist but in practice it's barely noticeable. Overall quality are beyond reproach and I strongly prefer this new bezel arrangement -- they've struck a nice balance between weight and slip, it's a very reassuring haptic feel, and a whole lot of fun to twiddle with. I do think this watch needs to be worn to make sense.
    The bezel has moved up several notches (to coin a phrase) in tactile feel and quality even from the previous generation SMPc, which was no slouch.

When next to a 2254, the strong familial DNA of the line is evident. They're siblings. It's obvious. And even though the SMPmc is taller/thicker (and larger in diameter by less than a full mm), the superior clasp and bracelet really bring parity between them in terms of apparent size on-wrist. Which is high praise indeed as the early SMP was just as easy to slide under a dress cuff as it was to play in the dirt or water.

Kirkawall and Pietros like this.
    Omega 2018 SMPmc Steel/Black on Bracelet, Seiko SUN045 Kinetic Tuna, Tag Heuer Se/L quartz WG1113-KO, Seiko SHC041 Air Diver.

New 2018 SMP(w)

Time & Tide real sail cloth strap (20mm). Black with red deviated stitch. Real woven nylon. Not embossed vinyl. Shipped to the US for under $70! Brushed stainless buckle included.

I'm digging it!

Last edited by BufordTJustice; February 16th, 2019 at 18:20.
    Omega 2018 SMPmc Steel/Black on Bracelet, Seiko SUN045 Kinetic Tuna, Tag Heuer Se/L quartz WG1113-KO, Seiko SHC041 Air Diver.

It's a great looking watch. It's definitely in my list. I have a PO 2500D. Can't wait to add the Seamaster to the team!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Wow, that looks great, the black & red work perfectly with the dial.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information