New 2018 SMP(w) - Page 4
Like Tree511Likes

Thread: New 2018 SMP(w)

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: New 2018 SMP(w)

Quote Originally Posted by navjing0614 View Post
    Beautiful. My dad used to have one. Was looking for a mint piece until I got my new SMP. Hopefully mine lasts as long as yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mine is only from 2004 but thatís a lifetime to us watch nerds who flip at the drop of a hat lol

I hope it lasts a long time, fun to build memories with it and relive them each time you put it on. I recall I was wearing this exact watch when my son dropped his favorite toy off a bridge in Missoula MT and I climbed down on the bank, stripped to my boxers and watch, and swam 100 yards through current to the bridge pillar (where the toy miraculously landed and stayed above water) grabbed it and swam back to the shore. My wife took a pic of me returning it to him and he has the most ďproud of my dadĒ look on his face. Nothing really to do with this watch but just one of those things that Iíve tied to this particular piece that adds to the fact Iíll never ever ever sell it. To me thatís what watches represent, a physical memory box that can bring back a thousand memories of good times spend with the watch on your wrist.

Hope yours is the same way

Congrats! Welcome to the club and wear in good health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Almost as bright as my Seiko Kinetic Tuna (SUN045), which is the best lume I've ever seen on any watch to date. Irrespective of price. I'm very pleased. The differential lume on the minute hand makes quick time checks in a dark room REALLY easy and fast, especially at odd angles.
    Not sure anything beats the Tuna. Im still bummed that I sold my Tuna.

Name:  dbo6fk.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  893.8 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pharm_D View Post
    Congrats! Welcome to the club and wear in good health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See, now that makes me want to buy a blue one too

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteMustard View Post
    Not sure anything beats the Tuna. Im still bummed that I sold my Tuna.

Name:  dbo6fk.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  893.8 KB
    That's a breathtaking shot!! I'm assuming the use of some type of proper DSLR and not a smartphone?

A buddy just picked up a Samurai Save The Ocean and even that lume is equal to my Omega (i.e. very strong)
    boatswain and Dohnut like this.

That's a breathtaking shot!! I'm assuming the use of some type of proper DSLR and not a smartphone?

A buddy just picked up a Samurai Save The Ocean and even that lume is equal to my Omega (i.e. very strong)
    Thanks, Nikon D750
    BufordTJustice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    Mine is only from 2004 but thatís a lifetime to us watch nerds who flip at the drop of a hat lol

I hope it lasts a long time, fun to build memories with it and relive them each time you put it on. I recall I was wearing this exact watch when my son dropped his favorite toy off a bridge in Missoula MT and I climbed down on the bank, stripped to my boxers and watch, and swam 100 yards through current to the bridge pillar (where the toy miraculously landed and stayed above water) grabbed it and swam back to the shore. My wife took a pic of me returning it to him and he has the most ďproud of my dadĒ look on his face. Nothing really to do with this watch but just one of those things that Iíve tied to this particular piece that adds to the fact Iíll never ever ever sell it. To me thatís what watches represent, a physical memory box that can bring back a thousand memories of good times spend with the watch on your wrist.

Hope yours is the same way
    Nice story and memory with watch.
    I'm more of a flipper than a collector but as I age I'm turning to be the latter.
    I regret letting go of my explorer 2 (10 years with me) that I got 2003 as my first rolex. It went with me during our honeymoon and a lot more special moments. Another piece that I foolishly let me was my mid size blue Omega smp with sword hands I got from my dad (12 years with me). I traded these 2 with a lesser brand that I have already flipped, that was 2013.
    I began to appreciate watches with history (personal) just a few years back (when I joined watchuseek ) and now trying to start holding on to my watches.
    Presenty I got a tudor, Omega smp 2018, 3 seikos and a number of G shocks. Planning to add an Omega AT or a grnad Seiko in the next couple of years and so the saving begins.
    So... Don't let go of this one and hand it over to your kids one day...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    BufordTJustice and kadmus like this.

In the lume world, outside tritium tubes, Seiko rules....

I have a bunch of tuna (a school?), and a couple of others, and the only watch brighter is my Ball SD2, then my PO....

What I do like about the PO (and SMP), is the use of different coloured lume on the minute hand and 12 o’clock bezel pip...
    Divers - Omega, Seiko, Ball, Sinn, Panerai, Muhle Glashutte, Tudor.
    Non-divers - Bremont, Zenith, Damasko, Nomos

Quote Originally Posted by navjing0614 View Post
    Nice story and memory with watch.
    I'm more of a flipper than a collector but as I age I'm turning to be the latter.
    I regret letting go of my explorer 2 (10 years with me) that I got 2003 as my first rolex. It went with me during our honeymoon and a lot more special moments. Another piece that I foolishly let me was my mid size blue Omega smp with sword hands I got from my dad (12 years with me). I traded these 2 with a lesser brand that I have already flipped, that was 2013.
    I began to appreciate watches with history (personal) just a few years back (when I joined watchuseek ) and now trying to start holding on to my watches.
    Presenty I got a tudor, Omega smp 2018, 3 seikos and a number of G shocks. Planning to add an Omega AT or a grnad Seiko in the next couple of years and so the saving begins.
    So... Don't let go of this one and hand it over to your kids one day...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Iím gonna throw it off a bridge and make him go swim for it

Sorry about your exp2, I too sold one a few years ago and regret it

New 2018 SMP(w)

Great pics and watches guys!

Iíll admit this new model is growing on me.

Perhaps one day......

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information