New Omega Product Reference Codes Explained
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By ChronoScot
  • 3 Post By HHP
  • 1 Post By webvan

Thread: New Omega Product Reference Codes Explained

New Omega Product Reference Codes Explained

I was browsing Chuck Maddox' key for the former Omega product reference codes (older 7 digit and more recent 8 digit) and realised that there is no explanation on the web of the new 14 digit codes (at least I'm not able to find one). So I decided to use my Sunday morning looking through catalogues and the Omega website to try and 'decode' the new product references, which I've summarised them in the following table.

There are a few items that I am not able to explain fully (particularly differing codes for steel cases and certain leather straps), however I believe that the rest of it is correct (no guarantees ).

I hope this serves as a good reference and useful guide. If anyone has any input to this, or indeed an official Omega document showing the breakdown of the codes, please post here or send me the details and I can update the table.

MH434, iinsic, vRSG60 and 2 others like this.
    OMEGA | Jaeger-LeCoultre

Anything, anyone?
    OMEGA | Jaeger-LeCoultre

Re: New Omega Product Reference Codes Explained

Thanks for the information Chronoscot, the new reference codes did look a tad daunting.
    Shearwater Research Teric --- Casio G-Shock Solar Frogman (GW-200Z) --- Citizen Promaster Titanium Aqualand (JV0051-60E) --- Seiko Prospex Solar Diver (SBDN003) --- Certina DS Action Diver Chronograph (C013.427.11.041.00) --- Rolex Submariner (114060) --- Grand Seiko Spring Drive Diver (SBGA229G) --- Tudor Hydronaut II (20030-93570) --- Longines Heritage Pocket Watch (L7.012.4.21.1)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Excellent work, thanks for sharing.

It's reaching the point at which you need a website...

great work, cheers.
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. Seneca

It's all explained in the early pages of the Omega Master Catalogue. Unfortunately, my copy is currently behind four boxes of crap in my daughter's bedroom, but I'll fish it out, scan it and add it to your thread here. Gimme a couple of days.
    Nice effort there, too, CS!
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

HHP

From Omega 2010-2011 catalog.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ChronoScot, Andy K and vRSG60 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HHP View Post
    From Omega 2010-2011 catalog.
    HHP, thank you for posting that great information! It seems that my puzzle solving Sunday morning covered a good deal of the codes, so wasn't totally in vain, but that certainly fills in the gaps.

Interesting to see that the second digit of the movement (DD) code represents the number of complications and that the date display is not considered a complication at all. This had me stumped as to why the cal 2500 is '20' and the cal 8500 is '21', but obviously the quick set hour hand is considered by Omega a complication. I'm also surprised that, given the cal 9300 has a '51' code, it has only one complication (the chronograph) and apparently no quick set hour hand like most of its cal 85xx 'cousins'.

Thanks again! I really have to get a hold of one of these master catalogues, they do have a lot of good information in them.
    OMEGA | Jaeger-LeCoultre

HHP

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoScot View Post
    HHP, thank you for posting that great information! It seems that my puzzle solving Sunday morning covered a good deal of the codes, so wasn't totally in vain, but that certainly fills in the gaps.
    You are welcome. Attached is the PDF file of the codification table. For posting purpose, I had to magnify and cut into 3 parts. With the PDF copy you can enlarge it. Credit to Omega's prior year catalog (without price list and obsolete when new catalogs became available).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HHP; February 20th, 2012 at 21:22.

Arrived here after trying to decipher (once again!) the old 7 digit Omega codes and was stumped on the two letters that indicate the metal used as I kept coming across a short list...well I finally stumbled on the mother of all two letter lists here : Elite Timepieces - Omega Wristwatch Serial Numbers with no less than 79 codes listed...

...it's still missing the TS code of the Omega X-33 though, any guesses ?

ChronoScot likes this.

Thread Information