Is the new Seamaster Pro your GADA watch?
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Is the new Seamaster Pro your GADA watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is the new Seamaster Pro your GADA watch?

Bought the redesigned SMP last Fall. It has surpassed my expectations. No regrets at all. Have worn it almost every day since. With no other watches in my collection (except for sentimental quartz pieces that sit in my sock drawer), I've been debating what I want to buy down the road to complement my diver. I've thought that a two, maybe three, watch collection would be ideal one day. Definitely no more. The Hamilton IntraMatic 68 Blue Dial, Montblanc's new Heritage 3-hander, and IWC's new 41mm Top Gun ceramic pilot watch have all made sense to me for different reasons over the last few months. I'd like a watch on a leather or textile strap.

Like most who own the wavy dial, I've found it to be fantastic in design and reliability. And pretty versatile. If I'm being honest with myself though, it's a little on the big side. I expected that. It wears fine on my 7" wrist, but when I look at those mid 90's models, the more svelte sizing was ideal for an GADA watch.

For perspective, an editor at Gear Patrol wrote a thoughtful piece on the one watch collection, the GADA timepiece. His is an Explorer. His suggestion to make the GADA stick: Get off of websites like WUS, and unfriend any watch related content on social medial, like Instagram. I took the jump before reading the article, leaving about 5 watch related groups on Facebook, including the Seamaster Owners Group. IG has been tougher, though I've whittled down my feed. Here's the link if you're interested in a good, quick read.

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/06/03/in-praise-of-the-one-watch-collection/

I'm wondering who of you have committed to only having one watch that they wear everyday, and how many of you have chosen the new Seamaster to get the job done. My thinking keeps going back and forth.
    Dave

Re: Is the new Seamaster Pro your GADA watch?

Great article. Been thinking about going to one GADA watch for a while but can't seem to decide which one..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    1165dvd likes this.

Nope, but I do love it.
    1165dvd likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yup, mostly. I have some come and go every now and then, but for the most part Omega 300mc every day. Can wear anywhere, with anything. And it can handle much greater depths and magnetic fields than I'll ever see.
    Last edited by rob09; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:32.
    1165dvd likes this.

What’s GADA?
    pikeman likes this.
    When some a wild-eyed 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asked you if youíve paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what olí Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues Jack? ďYessir the check is in the mailĒ

Current lineup: ROLEX 126600 Sea-Dweller red-Line. Casio GPR-B1000. Seiko SKX007. Casio PRW-2500. Casio PAW-1500.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    What’s GADA?
    Go Anywhere Do Anything. I only noticed this new fangled term in the past quarter. Kids these days tsk tsk
    RMerc and Scout like this.

I picked up a black dialed SMPc as my GADA watch a couple of months ago. I had been wearing my 42mm Explorer II Polar on a daily basis for the past 4 years. I still have it and love it, but didnít feel comfortable wearing it to coach my sonís baseball team. With 45 games and about the same number of practices this season, I didnít feel the need to put the Exp II in harms way with a bunch of 11 year olds and their baseball bats. And since I couldnít see myself wearing a smart watch like many other coaches, I picked a nice SMPc up and put it on a 20mm Planet Ocean black rubber strap with Omega Deployant. Itís a perfect sports watch.

The PO strap fits perfectly with slightly bent spring bars. Took about 5 minutes to bend and get installed. I like it so much, I havenít worn the Exp II since I got it fully set up about a month ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1165dvd likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3573.50
    Rolex Explorer II 42 216570 Polar

I wouldn't class any of my watches as GADA pieces.
    I wouldn't consider myself someone who 'babies' his watches, but I certainly try to look after them.
    To me, they are expensive watches and I can't really afford to abuse any of them.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Love the idea of one watch only but canít see me ever doing it...need some variety!

The ideal one watch (hate the term GADA) for me would be the earlier SMP, which was better proportioned for the job or something like an Explorer or OP.

Iím currently down to two watches having recently sold a couple of POís but am planning to settle on three in my collection

SMP mc. - as my casual watch
    Doxa Sub 50th Silver lung - works well with a suit funnily enough on the BOR bracelet
    OP or maybe the new steel Tresor - as something smart to wear out for dinner at the weekends

If I had to have Ďjust oneí I think the new SMP possibly could do it but there are better choices.

I have to say it is my favourite watch Iíve ever owned and is worn about 80% of the time, which is why I sold two other Omegas (or was it the work on the house...canít remember

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1165dvd likes this.

Higgsy,
    Don’t you have 114060? That’s pretty much a poster child for GADA. I’m with you though...I baby mine too, for heavy abuse it’s G-Shock all the way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information