Is it normal that I can press the SMP bezel down a little near the 6 o clock position?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is it normal that I can press the SMP bezel down a little near the 6 o clock position?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned

Question Is it normal that I can press the SMP bezel down a little near the 6 o clock position?

I just got my new replacement SMP. When I press the bezel near the 12 o clock position, nothing, on the left or right, nothing but the six o clock position can be pressed in slightly... Please tell me I don't have to go back to the store to get it replaced yet again...

Is this normal? It doesn't make any sound or anything, it's just, erm, well it's not as static as the rest of the bezel.

Correction: If I put it against my ear while pressing the bezel I can actually hear a very weak click.
    Last edited by Navy Man; April 9th, 2011 at 00:21.

Re: Is it normal that I can press the SMP bezel down a little near the 6 o clock position?

It is normal, it's just the slight play in the spring inside the bezel.

cheers.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

Re: Is it normal that I can press the SMP bezel down a little near the 6 o clock position?

Things that move tend to have some play in them. I think it normal...
    James
    NAWCC Member.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Thanks guys, that makes me feel so much better... Sorry about all the questions, I have serious OCD. It's the little details that worry me the most.

I must say that I am so glad to have the watch again, it is so beautiful. Strange thing I noticed is when I look at it for real it looks so much different than when I am in front of a mirror, in a mirror it looks like it's the black version, weird!

I also love how it changes colour, it was very dark this evening but this afternoon it shone in a beautiful bright blue too.

The HE valve on this one is fine thanks god, and so is the crown, I think everything is A-OK on this one! Even the red leather case is stunning, love it! I think I am going to wear this watch every single day until the end of erm... the end.

In mine it's probably less than a fifth of a millimetre. I'm not going out to the car to get a feeler gauge!
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. Seneca

Banned

Yeah, it's not a lot but you -can- feel it. But yeah, it's really not a lot.

Glad to hear you got a new one. Hope it serves you well.

Look, I'm going to repeat this until you get it:

DO A SEARCH.

Questions like this have been brought up, discussed, and answered many, many, many, many, many times before. Think of it this way, you can get answers far faster by searching, versus posting a new thread and waiting for someone to come around and regurgitate readily available and previously documented information. Also, that way, you will end up spending less time stressing about your watch and watch related issues(s), and more time actually enjoying it as intended.

And to answer your latest question: What you have described is totally, completely, one hundred and one percent normal. Like others have already explained, it's just the natural play in the bezel spring you are feeling. Don't worry about it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dixan View Post
    Glad to hear you got a new one. Hope it serves you well.

Look, I'm going to repeat this until you get it:

DO A SEARCH.

Questions like this have been brought up, discussed, and answered many, many, many, many, many times before. Think of it this way, you can get answers far faster by searching, versus posting a new thread and waiting for someone to come around and regurgitate readily available and previously documented information. Also, that way, you will end up spending less time stressing about your watch and watch related issues(s), and more time actually enjoying it as intended.

And to answer your latest question: What you have described is totally, completely, one hundred and one percent normal. Like others have already explained, it's just the natural play in the bezel spring you are feeling. Don't worry about it!
    Sorry Dixan, I did do a search as I do most of the time but since my english is not perfect maybe I don't use the right keywords or whatever, in any case I couldn't find anything. Once again, sorry.

Banned

By the way I will be posting pictures once I get home, I can't focus properly at short range with my 85mm.

Mine doesn't move at all. I think you should return it. The third time is always a charm.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information