OG Seamaster?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: OG Seamaster?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OG Seamaster?

I saw this go through ebay yesterday, I really like the vintage seamaster look. I am quite the newbie but I have not seen any without the 12, 3, 6, and 9 numbers.

Do any of you have one like it?

Even the flyer in the add shows it with numbers rather than arrowheads.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: OG Seamaster?

I could be wrong BUT I think thats a sixtes dial with a late 50s bumper case and movement !

From my research there was a transition period but regardless there is some other issues , the movement needs a service which may or may not turn out to be expensive ! The dial is missing the 6 o clock marker . I cant see what Cal this is but 10 million serial seems early for a dial with the Seamaster font without the coat hanger S !

I am not an expert but I advise you to try and find another example online with this dial and movement !

Also forgot to add the case says SC this means center seconds so NO sub dial its not looking good !

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh nice I did not know that SC definition. Thank you. This one went for about $850.00 They advertised it as a 1948 (first year). Like any seller they claim the movement was just serviced. i did notice the +/- thingy (sadly I don't know the name) was maxed out. Not sure what that means either....

343 cal

I do see many sub second examples with the 2657 2494sc. Perhaps the case backs were used on two different models?

by thingy i mean regulator....

this is a watch I have purchased. I paid $850 for it. I got upset at first but I got over it and still like it.

Dont worry it just needs a bit of work , that was expensive buy for the condition ,sorry to tell you . Its whats called a double ref case Omega did quite a few of these on different models over the 60s. If you google it you will see what I mean

I dont think that watch has been serviced ! hows the timekeeping ? If bad i would advise getting it to watchmaker for service.

The case is not for this dial and movement in my opinion , I could be wrong and it could just be a caseback swap . Im no expert but it would make me seriously research if I was going to buy .

I have had this problem recently with a Longines , after getting a extract from the Museum my watch has had a case swap ! Originally was invoiced with a Rose gold case and at some point its been changed to a Stainless case , same style but just not original.

It happens to the best of us ,even when you do loads of research until you get a confirmation from the Manufacture there is no real way of telling for sure .

Yeah I believe it is actually a combination of two movements if I'm being told correctly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information