OK My Speedmaster Calibre 861 came back from My Watch restore with New Crystal/Tachy

Thread: OK My Speedmaster Calibre 861 came back from My Watch restore with New Crystal/Tachy

OK My Speedmaster Calibre 861 came back from My Watch restore with New Crystal/Tachy

Here are a couple of pics,i had the bracelet removed and have had it put on a Swiss Rubber strap(Sweet Vanilla Fragrance! ),If You Guys look at the scan of the watch's dial i may need to get the right hand dial chrono needle slightly realigned however the chrono functions 100% ciorrectly with no,"Jump",when the upper right pusher button is pressed to start the chrono function,what do You Guys think?Thankyou for letting Me share.Work was done by My good friend Mr.Bryan Hibbins. .

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: OK My Speedmaster Calibre 861 came back from My Watch restore with New Crystal/Ta

Looks great!
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

Re: OK My Speedmaster Calibre 861 came back from My Watch restore with New Crystal/Tachy

Cheers Steve! .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: OK My Speedmaster Calibre 861 came back from My Watch restore with New Crystal/Ta

Hi evertonian61

shall i be honest
    the watch for itself is great and the strap for itself is nice (i got one on my Sinn 142TI looks great and smells great )
    but the combination is not very lucky, i think the edges of the strap are too "sharp" it looks too "square" for the necely curved case of the Speedy .

Sorry i think a nice leather strap or nylon would fit better.

here´s a picture of my Sinn

the 142 also has sharp edges on the case, so they work good together!

cheers
    <span style=font-family: Lucida Console>http://i39.tinypic.com/fw17bc.jpg</span>
    I wonder about Ed´s 2nd watch

C u

René

Lemania rules

Re: OK My Speedmaster Calibre 861 came back from My Watch restore with New Crystal/Tachy

Yes those are excellent points Sulaco i still have the original bracelet and i may put the watch back on that.Thankyou again! .

thanks for not being dissapointed :-D
    <span style=font-family: Lucida Console>http://i39.tinypic.com/fw17bc.jpg</span>
    I wonder about Ed´s 2nd watch

C u

René

Lemania rules

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonian61
    Here are a couple of pics,i had the bracelet removed and have had it put on a Swiss Rubber strap(Sweet Vanilla Fragrance! ),If You Guys look at the scan of the watch's dial i may need to get the right hand dial chrono needle slightly realigned however the chrono functions 100% ciorrectly with no,"Jump",when the upper right pusher button is pressed to start the chrono function,what do You Guys think?Thankyou for letting Me share.Work was done by My good friend Mr.Bryan Hibbins. .
    I think the rubber is a matter of personal preference. Speedy's been seen on a lot of different straps, good and...not so good. At any rate, the watch looks great and, if you like the rubber, then so be it! It appears to be a nice late 70s to early 80s example.

I'm glad to hear everything's running well. Thanks much for sharing!

eric

Re: Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by eptaz
    I think the rubber is a matter of personal preference. Speedy's been seen on a lot of different straps, good and...not so good. At any rate, the watch looks great and, if you like the rubber, then so be it! It appears to be a nice late 70s to early 80s example.

I'm glad to hear everything's running well. Thanks much for sharing!

eric
    Hi Eric and thankyou yet agin Sir for Your very kind thoughts i really appreciate it!Do You think i need to get the right-side chrono dial/hand sorted out as i said before it looks ever so slightly misaligned but the chrono performs 100% perfectly without any jump in chrono motion. .

Re: Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by evertonian61
    Hi Eric and thankyou yet agin Sir for Your very kind thoughts i really appreciate it!Do You think i need to get the right-side chrono dial/hand sorted out as i said before it looks ever so slightly misaligned but the chrono performs 100% perfectly without any jump in chrono motion. .
    If you're like me, you'll want to get it aligned, because those little details really irritate. However, if you're a normal person, you won't even notice it after a week.

It really just depends on how much it bothers you. It isn't going to cause any problems with the movement, so it's just a matter of appearance. It should be an easy fix for a competent watchmaker, though.

Good luck!

eric

Thread Information