Omega 2264.50
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Omega 2264.50

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Omega 2264.50

Are these omegas going up in value seems Everytime I look they are harder to find and the value has risen. Why does this model keep rising ? Any reason
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Omega 2264.50

Some people, myself included, like the classic look moreso than the blingy look of modern Omegas. I just missed out on a mint condition 2254.50 at a good price because I couldn’t make my mind up quickly enough.

Its a great watch, classic styling, easily and affordably serviceable and bulletproof movement for the auto version (no coaxial complexity so most watchmakers have the expertise) and the Sword Hands model are quickly appreciating in price, especially now with the big watch craze over and people going back to reasonable sizes. Ray Donovan wears one

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by watchvaultnyc View Post
    Its a great watch, classic styling, easily and affordably serviceable and bulletproof movement for the auto version (no coaxial complexity so most watchmakers have the expertise) and the Sword Hands model are quickly appreciating in price, especially now with the big watch craze over and people going back to reasonable sizes. Ray Donovan wears one

I think it will keep going up in price and sought after. Ray Donovan's quartz version is why I bought mine
    watchvaultnyc likes this.

They've definitely gone up in the last couple years, and also the 2541.80, the 2221.80 and its black version with the really long model number
    I got super lucky and scored a 2221.80 off the 'bay for only a thousand bucks about a year ago, couldn't click the BIN button fast enough. Now they're double that price.
    I think they've become sought after because they have the classic SMP look, exactly the same build quality as the auto's, and all you have to do is whack in a new battery and get a pressure test for less than a hundred bucks every 3.5 years. Just awesome!

Mine...

Name:  222180.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  1.50 MB
    watchvaultnyc and fskywalker like this.
    My watch collection has become too big to fit in my signature

I believe now they are selling for more than they did retail when new

I have the adjustable clasp on the bracelet, perfect grab-and-go watch.

Also look good one this
    Part number 98000085

I remember seeing these brand new for £890 so they're definitely on the up. As Omega update the SMP range they slide further toward vintage territory and the sword hands are now a bit of a classic that hasn't appeared on a Seamaster for years. I dont like the new skeleton hands. At night I find it hard to read the time with them. The lume on those watches is fantastic too. Plus it has the better looking bracelet which they should have put on the latest SMP model. All in all, a brilliant watch and as you say theyre becoming harder to find nowadays and the ones that do turn up seem "well used" ie battered.

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    I remember seeing these brand new for £890 so they're definitely on the up. As Omega update the SMP range they slide further toward vintage territory and the sword hands are now a bit of a classic that hasn't appeared on a Seamaster for years. I dont like the new skeleton hands. At night I find it hard to read the time with them. The lume on those watches is fantastic too. Plus it has the better looking bracelet which they should have put on the latest SMP model. All in all, a brilliant watch and as you say theyre becoming harder to find nowadays and the ones that do turn up seem "well used" ie battered.
    Mine has the best lume I've ever seen
    watchvaultnyc, thx67 and PJR like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information