WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Omega 50th Anniversary Speedmaster Release

8K views 76 replies 48 participants last post by  Skyrider01 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
Aww man i hope they come out with one in steel i dont like the look of yellow gold bracelets

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
At £25K, there are a number of other watches which would be higher up my list.

Are there really 1014 people in the world that are that keen to commemorate the 50th and part with that amount (even if it is a nice looking watch)?

#8 ·
Great looking watch but that's a lot of dough even if there are some very cool features/upgrades in this package. I think there will be enough folks with the $$$ to make this successful for Omega. I would also say, hold tight for there are certain to be other releases and LE's this year commemorating the 50th anniversary of the moon landings. Best not to blow your wad of cash on the first showing!:-d

#9 ·
Do we have a confirmed price yet?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
#16 ·
Here’s my two penneth - it’s urinating on Omega’s heritage.

The original edition of this watch was very limited and was given to people who had actually achieved something - often having actually walked on the surface of the Moon.

What qualifications does one need to obtain this watch - money. That is all.

This has devalued the gift which Omega made to the recipients of the original version of this watch. Pathetic. I don’t mind endless variations and special editions of the Speedmaster - but this is a step too far for me.

As it happens I think that it’s a seriously cool watch aesthetically- I’d just never buy one (even if had the money)

Like I said - just my two penneth.

#22 · (Edited)
Love it, and the updated 3861 movement is jaw dropping! For those hoping for something in steel and at a lower price point, rumor from my AD, is that there will be several Apollo 11 special editions so let's see.

And as exciting as this is, I'm personally holding out for new Speedmaster with the 321 caliber. Latest rumor on that is a 2020/2021 release, limited to 2000 watches per year, priced between $10K to $12K. I'm already first on the list at my local boutique. b-)

#23 ·
For those hoping for something in steel and at a lower price point, rumor from my AD, is that there will be several Apollo 11 special editions so let's see.
I hope you are right

#28 ·
Ok Guys, nice to see this new member of the Omega Speedy Family ! So you guys were right, we are going to a USD 30-35 piece......I am surprised. I thought rather about a piece like the Apollo 17 45th Anniv, Yellow Gold with leather band... Very nice piece but I am afraid 1014 pieces is far too many to get a piece that will go up in price in the future.

Cheers.

#32 ·
The original is selling for what 60k now?

#39 ·
Just saw the email from Omega. Gorgeous looking watch, I'll give it that.

On the other hand, if I really wanted something $30k in gold, I'd buy $30k worth of gold bars.
That would make you a miser. :)

Worked gold ( like a chain) is usually double+ the cost of bullion. FWIW, my gold chain and bracelet get more attention than any of my watches ever did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.