Omega battery?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TwentiethCenturyFox

Thread: Omega battery?

Omega battery?

If the 4 second skip is telling me anything, I think my quartz Bond is due for a battery replacement. Last time I had it sent into Omega and they "required" full service for the watch. Not really in a position to do that again at the moment.

I was considering Nesbits, but then I thought... Has anyone had any experience replacing these themselves? I watched a YouTube video and it didn't seem that difficult. Any brand of battery that's better than another?

Thanks guys!

Re: Omega battery?

If you have the tools, you can easily do it yourself. I have had the best success with Japanese batteries... Maxwell, Sony, Energizer, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Not that I want to put you off, you can probably replace the battery easy enough, but don't forget about the seal. Re-using seals can result in problems if not done carefully.
    Omega SMP 300 Chrono
    Omega 8500 Aqua Terra
    Omega 2500 Orange PO
    Vintage Omega Geneve
    Chopard GT XL
    Bell & Ross BR03-92 Ceramic

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by saintsman View Post
    Not that I want to put you off, you can probably replace the battery easy enough, but don't forget about the seal. Re-using seals can result in problems if not done carefully.
    Thanks for the replies! How difficult is the seal to replace? I never go underwater with mine, so is it something I should be concerned about if I do it myself vs just having it sent in somewhere? Thanks again!

Contact Duarte at Northeast Watch works, he just did a replacement on my Golden Tuna Seiko and he pressure tests the watch. You will be out the door including shipping like $35. Well worth it.
    fish70 likes this.

Thanks guys!

One last thing, the 4 second skip seems to have stopped as of today. It was doing it on and off yesterday, but not at all so far that I've noticed today. Is it common for it to happen intermittently like that? I seem to recall last time I needed a replacement, it was constant. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rally View Post
    Thanks guys!

One last thing, the 4 second skip seems to have stopped as of today. It was doing it on and off yesterday, but not at all so far that I've noticed today. Is it common for it to happen intermittently like that? I seem to recall last time I needed a replacement, it was constant. Thanks again!
    Temperature variations can do this. A marginal battery when it warms up, say 2-5F, could improve. For a while.

Within a few weeks at most the low battery indicator will come back.

As for the seal: if the watch is just a few years old I've been able to reuse the seal with no issues. I just apply silicone grease on it then reassemble the watch. I don't get my watches near water (except for the drop or two that might splash on it when washing my hands) and haven't had any of my 25 watches get moisture inside them.

If the seal looks like it stretched out of shape or is brittle I take it in for pro repair.

Thread Information