omega constellation - omega refinish/polish service ?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thewatchgodfather

Thread: omega constellation - omega refinish/polish service ?

omega constellation - omega refinish/polish service ?

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...ection/product

Hi guys, I have the latest coaxial omega constellation (with claws style) and would like to ask opinion here if omega service centre could help to restore the finishing of the watch (with brush and polished surface restored back to original).
    My watch condition is ok, there is no big dent, there was light scratch before I try to polish it off with scotch brite and somehow it distort the brushed pattern of the watch and It bothers me a lot.

I have visited one of the service centre customer service seems to always persuade me that omega doesn't do much polish and I will probably get my watch the same condition after they polish. I found this very odd and I wonder why brand like omega is not confident in polishing service. I wanted to believe this is more the opinion of the customer service staff and not the technician view.
    So I am thinking to ignore the staff comment and just send it to technician for polishing servce. One of the reason I am not confident with customer service staff is they can't recognize aqua terra 8500 as omega watch when I show it to them (my 2nd watch) until they look at the omega logo closely on the watch (I got her question : is this omega watch? )

I have had rolex polished and it came back like new.
    I have never had omega polished I would like to get opinion especially the constellation watch might look a bit complicated to polish with the brushed and polished surface

Opinions?
    Last edited by thewatchgodfather; 1 Week Ago at 16:53.

Re: omega constellation - omega refinish/polish service ?

further to this I decided to talk to another service centre staff (different omega service centre) and gives me a better feelin when the staff actually told me omega will do proper polish and will help me solve my problem.
    I send it straight to polish and hope for the best.

It just appears I was unlucky earlier to meet the other staff that doesn't convey the right message.

I will update here how the outcome of the polish
    rfortson likes this.

Re: omega constellation - omega refinish/polish service ?

Good luck. I'd love to see the final results. I got my wife a Constellation (one of the older Manhattan's) and it's a fully brushed finish. In the few months she's had it, I can see numerous scratches on the watch and bracelet. She doesn't mind but I figure when it goes to service, they'd probably brush those out again. So I'm curious to see your results.

Thread Information