Omega Geneve after service + question regarding leather strap

Thread: Omega Geneve after service + question regarding leather strap

Omega Geneve after service + question regarding leather strap

Hi all!

I would like to introduce to you my new (to me) Omega Geneve, model ST 366.0833.
    I purchased the watch a couple of months ago, wore it in "as it was" condition a month maybe and then gave it to an Omega repair centre for renewal (servicing the movement, new crown, crystal, hands, some bushing and a sealing ring, as well as polishing).

It is ready now and this is how it looks (sorry, but this is the maximum picture quality I can offer at the moment, but it looks almost like new).

I am really very happy with the watch. It gives me everything I wanted: discrete elegance, clean dial with baton/stick indexes, automatic movement with DAY and date at 3 o'clock and a very beauiful and properly proportioned oyster-type bracelet.

The watch has gained 23 sec since I took it from the repair centre and adjusted the time (~ 90 hours ago). I will see how it performs the next couple of weeks and then will have a better idea of the accuracy.

Now I would like to ask you for information regarding possible leather band. I would like to try the watch on a leather band during winter. As you see, the bracelet is attached to the case through a centre link only. That is why a standard leather strap wouldn't fit.

Could you suggest a way to modify a strap, or a producer/seller of such unstandard straps in Europe?

Thanks for reading & watching !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by shtora; August 2nd, 2010 at 10:38.

Re: Omega Geneve after service + question regarding leather strap

I think you have a beautiful watch and it seems to be pretty much running within COSC standards! I think I'd just leave the bracelet on the watch, rather than messing with leather straps and chancing the damaging of the lugs while removing the bracelet. I don't know that your watch would look good with a leather strap--but it's an awesome looking watch just as it is!

Hi! You have a great looking watch. Personally I would leave the watch on the bracelet but you could try checking out the straps and bracelets forum. You may find advice on how to notch a regular strap to fit your watch or find someone who would make you a custom strap. You could also try stonecreekstraps.com - Home for a custom strap; I have read very good things about them. Good Luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

congrats on the acquisition
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thank you guys for the nice words!
    I agree, this Geneve looks fantastic. It took me 2 years to finally find a watch, that covers most of my requirements

I am still affraid to believe it, but the accuracy seems to be improving further, the watch has gained another 7 sec. since I started the thread (almost two days ago).
    Last edited by shtora; August 4th, 2010 at 08:13.

Thread Information